Prologue

Thursday, 07:55 am.

Her steps huge, her tempo fast, Nya panted as she approached the entrance of her high school. She smiled when she met the gaze of her best friend, Skylor Chen, and walked over to her.

"Hey Sky!" Nya called out when she was in earshot.

The redhead pulled out her earbuds and stuffed them away. "Hey Nya!" She then took a look at her phone screen. "You made it just in time, girl."

"Yeah, I woke up later than usual and had to run." Nya looked down to see her shoe laces untied and knelt down to tie them again.

Skylor then knelt down in front of her. "Have you heard about the rumor?" She asked in a hushed tone quite excitedly.

Nya didn't even look up from her laces. "What rumor?" Then she finished and looked at her best friend who came closer to her face and stopped next to her ear.

"There's a new Physics teacher and everyone who's already seen him says he's very handsome and from what I've heard, he'd be just your type. He's even around our age!"

Nya got up, making her best friend also get up, and rolled her eyes. "Sky, you know I like being single, and there's no way I would date my teacher. Are you nuts?"

They then made their way inside the big building.

"I'm just saying, Nya." Skylor said as they went to their lockers which were right next to one another's.

Nya opened her locker. "Whatever. Let's just go to class, or else we really are gonna be late." She took out her Physics book and closed her locker again.

After Skylor also took out her own book, they both went up the stairs and made their way over to the last door in the hallway. They could see that the door was open and everyone was apparently already inside.

"We just have to wait for the last two students to arrive."

They heard the principal say which sent shivers down their spines. They weren't late, but being called out like that is still something no student ever likes.

They looked at each other for one last time before Skylor entered the class first. Nya walked right behind her and looked down until she heard the principal again.

"Ah, here they are." She then looked up to see the principal smiling at them.

She suddenly stopped in her tracks, her mouth wide open, when she saw the man standing behind the teacher's desk who looked back at her, his eyes wide. For a few seconds, they just looked at each other, the whole classroom suddenly quiet.

"Miss Smith, is everything okay?" The principal asked once he realized her current state.

Nya broke eye contact and smiled at her principal. "Yes, Mr Thompson." Then she walked over to her seat in the front right, feeling the following eyes of her new Physics teacher, and sat down next to Skylor who gave her a questioning look which she ignored.

"Dear class, this is your new Physics teacher." Then the principal turned towards the young teacher. "How about you introduce yourself?" He smiled.

The male nodded slowly and turned towards the class, however not without directing his gaze towards a certain female. "Hello everyone, my name is Jason Walker and looks like I'll be your new Physics teacher."