Chapter 11

Monday, 15:57 pm.

"And you really couldn't change? Or make him change?" Jay asked, his eyes focused on the road as his fingernails were almost digging into the steering wheel of his car.

Nya sighed, looking out of the window. "No, Humphrey had warned us that there's no going back after our final decision. And the thing is I didn't even know he was gonna choose swimming too!" She said, exasperated.

"Do you think he did it on purpose?" He turned to look at her when he stopped at a red traffic light.

"I don't know," Nya sighed again, looking back at him. "I really don't-" She then stopped, creasing her eyebrows together as if she remembered something.

Jay realized that, but he had to look back at the road after the light turned green again. "You okay?"

"He totally did it on purpose." Nya stated, anger filling her voice.

"How?"

"Humphrey asked me in front of the whole class, he must've heard me saying 'swimming'." She groaned.

Jay groaned right afterwards. "Have you told him about what Freddy did to you?"

"Yeah, and guess who won't believe it." Nya scoffed.

Her boyfriend started to grip the steering wheel so tightly that his knuckles were turning white. "Why won't anyone believe you?!" He exclaimed.

"Think about it. Would they rather believe a normal, little school girl, or the most famous football player of the entire school? We live in a prejudiced world, Jay. A world in which men think all women need male validation. It's my word against his, and of course no one believes the girl."

Jay's face turned downwards. He realized how real her statements were and how the gender roles were specified in the world they were living in.

He leaned to his side and took her hand to give it a kiss while looking at the street in front of him. "I'm sorry. I really am."

She sighed. "It's fine."

Jay clenched his jaw. "Well, now he's gonna be able to stare at you like a creep while you're wearing a swimsuit." He realized.

"It gets worse," She stated, chuckling in agony of herself. "we're the only students that are gonna participate in swimming. And our school has rented an entire swimming pool for four weeks, so it's gonna be me, him, and our trainer in that whole place, alone."

"What?!" Jay exclaimed.

"Mhm." Nya then leaned her head on his shoulder and stared at the open street they were driving through.

Jay was driving his girlfriend home so they were going to tell Kai the news together.

Just as he turned around the last corner, the Smiths' house came into view. After getting out of the car, they walked up the stairs together. Then Nya opened the door, letting herself and her boyfriend inside. She tossed the keys into its bowl and walked inside.

"Kai!" Nya yelled.

After a few seconds, a door opened from upstairs and Kai came flying down the stairs. "Hey, Nya-" He then realized Jay was next to her. "And Jay." He noticed their upset mood. "Is something wrong?"

Nya sighed. "We need to talk."

Kai nodded before the three moved towards the dining room and sat down. "So, what's up?" Kai asked.

She took a deep breath. "Today, my PE teacher told us that my class is gonna be combined with the Science class Skylor's in and we're all gonna participate in different kinds of sports. I chose swimming for obvious reasons, but there's a problem."

"What problem?" Kai asked, interested.

Realizing Nya couldn't keep talking anymore by the pleading look she was giving him, Jay understood she was asking him to continue. "The problem is that Freddy intentionally chose swimming too, as we assume."

Kai started to rage. "What?!" He then turned towards his sister. "Nya, can't you just choose another type of sport? There's no way I'll leave you alone with that guy!"

Nya looked down and shook her head. "My coach said we can't change our decisions."

Her brother went through his gelled hair with his hand, messing it up. "I need to drink something, this is too much right now. You want something too?"

Nya shook her head.

"Just water, please." Jay said.

Kai nodded as he stood up and left the room. Jay turned towards Nya whose head was still down. "Hey, it's gonna be fine." He tried to sound optimistic as he took her hand.

She looked up at him. "I really don't think so, Jay." She smiled sadly.

He brought his hand up to her cheek and caressed it as he looked deeply into her eyes. "We'll find a way, I promise." He smiled.

Nya smiled back, melting into his touch. She closed her eyes, enjoying his every move. Once she felt a pair of soft lips grinding against hers, she quickly opened and closed her eyes again in shock before melting into the kiss as well.

"I leave you two alone for two seconds, and out of all the options you have, you decide to eat each other out?"

Their eyes shot open before they aggressively pulled away and stiffened in their seats, watching Kai sitting back down on his seat. He slid one glass of water across the table to Jay who was blushing crazily.

"So, you two are a thing now, I see." Kai started, taking a sip.

"How come you're so calm about this?" Nya asked, raising an eyebrow as she couldn't hide the blush on her face.

Kai chuckled. "I can see the way you look at each other. Besides, you're not even that good at hiding it."

Nya and Jay side-eyed. "How did you-?"

"Tell Cole he's a terrible liar." Kai laughed. "You two got together in his apartment, didn't you?" He looked at his sister.

She nodded, looking away.

"Ha, knew it!"

"You're not mad?" Jay asked, a little bit of shock apparent in his tone.

"Nope. I'd warn you about everything, but I would assume Skylor will do that job for me. Believe me, she's scary. To me, she's the good kind of scary, but to others... they don't get to be as fortunate. Another reason why I love her." He sighed happily, taking another sip.

"She found out a few hours ago, she seemed fine with us dating." Nya said.

Kai raised his eyebrows. "She didn't warn you?" He asked, looking at Jay who shook his head. Then he groaned before becoming serious. "Alright, then I have to do it. Jason Walker, if you dare to even harm a single hair on my sister's head, you won't get to experience a tomorrow happily. I will not kill you, I will rip every piece of your body apart until you die of exhaustion. I will make you regret everything you will have done to her, and I'll make you suffer for the rest of your pathetic, little bit of existence left in you. Get it?"

Jay's eyes widened. He nodded quickly.

Kai softened again before spitting out his water. "Wait, he's your teacher!"

Nya groaned. "You think I don't know that?"

Her brother looked at both of them separately. "You're playing with fire. It will only be a matter of time until the fire extinguishes and leaves you with only ashes."

Jay raised an eyebrow. "Where did that come from?"

"No idea, I once heard it on TV and just had to use it." Kai shrugged. "Who knows about you two, now?"

"You, Cole, and Skylor." Jay answered.

"Good. Remember, no one-"

"We know, Kai." Nya rolled her eyes.

Kai then remembered their little predicament again. "Alright, now back to the other problem. If we can't get either of you to change sports, we'll have to make you be able to defend yourself. And I know exactly how to do that..."