Chapter 29: Missing You

Gon POV:

I sighed looking up towards my ceiling. Laying on my back in bed lost in thought. I looked towards my clock and noticed that it was time for me to get ready for school. I rubbed my eyes with my fist trying to wake myself up. I pushed the covers off of my body and swung my legs off the side of the bed. I got up from my bed and walked to the bathroom to do my morning routine. After I was done, I walked to my closet to get my clothes ready. I was also sure to grab Killua's jacket a put it on since it was basically my most prized possession at this point.. After I got dressed, I grabbed my essentials, said goodbye to Kite, and made my way out the door.

It's been a few more weeks since Killua left. We've made sure to keep in touch through texts and video calls but it's never the same. I long for his touch. I have for a while now but the feeling just becomes stronger the longer he's away from me. I just wish he was here now.

While I was walking my thoughts stayed on how much I missed Killua that I didn't even realize I had already made it to school. I made my way to the entrance where my friends were standing. Including Retz. I told the group about how Retz changed. They obviously didn't buy it at first but they trusted me so they decided to give her a chance. They were obviously still skeptical though.I walked up to them as they all greeted me with smiles which I returned.

"Well, one more week till winter break. You guys excited?" Leorio said with a grin.

"Eh, for what it's worth." Zushi said shrugging. I sympathized with him. Recently Zushi told us about what happened when he came out to his parents so I can understand his unsettling feeling he had about this Christmas. It'd be his first Christmas without his family which made me feel bad for him.

"Too bad Killua won't be here. I know you were probably looking forward to spending your first Christmas with him." Retz said giving me an apologetic look.

"Yeah." I said sighing shrugging my shoulders.

"Well don't forget you can always video call him. I'm sure that will be nice." Pika said giving me a small smile.

"That's true." I said returning the smile.

"Well in any case, this'll be our first Christmas together as a group so let's enjoy it for what it's worth." Kaze said which we all nodded to. We decided we'd spend Christmas at Kaze's place. I was looking forward to it but I still wish Killua could've been there. I sighed and held my head low frowning. Kurapika noticed my expression and placed as hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, cheer up Gon. Killua wouldn't want you to spend this Christmas moping around feeling sorry for yourself. Even though it won't be your first Christmas together it's still your first Christmas as a couple. That's counts for something, so enjoy it." Pika said giving me a sympathetic smile. His words made me feel better which made my smile grow a bit.

"Thanks Mamapika."

"No problem." He said chuckling. "C'mon. Let's head to class and knock this week out so we can enjoy our break." He said patting my back. I nodded and we all made our way into the school.

____________________________________________________________________________

~Christmas Eve At Kaze's House~

*ding dong*

I stood patiently at the door waiting for it to be opened. Retz was with me as her brother decided to drop us off. We had our essentials with us as well as the presents we bought ahead of time for everyone. We eventually heard footsteps make their way to the door as it swung open revealing a bright eyed Zushi.