Chapter 19: Lovers' Leash

I walked down the hallway, looking for room number nine.

5... 6... 7...

Suddenly my elbow was gripped and I was jerked inside a half open door. The door slammed shut behind me and I found myself pinned against it. A big hand covered my mouth before I could say anything.

There were no lights. I was only aware of the large presence holding me captive in the dark. His unique spicy scent blended with after-shave and cologne invaded my senses. My breath quickened and heartbeat picked up for a completely different reason besides panic.

"Shh," Antarang said, his hold on my arm loosening, "I think I saw someone following you. Stay quiet."

My eyes widened. I was so careful while following him and made sure no one was around. I had lied about going to washroom. I didn't want to be caught with Antarang like this. The embarrassment! What if my father found out! He'd be so mad. 

I felt Antarang leaning closer as I focused my ears to hear outside. I heard no sound other than our heavy breaths, still I remained quiet. A minute passed and nothing happened. I realized Antarang's hand was no longer covering my mouth but cupping my cheek. When I felt a thumb caressing my jaw it finally dawned on me that the man was tricking me.

"You lied!" I cried. "No one was following me."

"I did, didn't I?" Came his amused reply. His voice was too close.

My hand fumbled over the wall and found switch board. I turned on the lights.

I was right. He was close, very close. His large body trapped mine against the door, only inches of space between us. Tingles erupted all over me and my face once again flushed, realizing the position I was in. The ravenous gaze that he cast all over my body didn't help either. My skin buzzed where his hands touched it. 

This was first time when we were this close, and touching. It felt too good.

"Y-you lied," I whispered, stumbling over my words. Was this how a man's proximity made you lose your mind? Or was it just my husband-to-be?

"I did," Antarang repeated, his tone husky. His hair was pulled back with some kind of hair product, and suddenly I felt the urge to run my fingers through those silky locks and mess them up. 

Apparently, I wasn't the only one who was experiencing such urges because his hand on my elbow slipped down to hold me by my waist. Two of his fingers grazed my exposed flesh above the petticoat. His simple touches left sparks in their wake.

"If I get to hold you like this, can you blame me for lying Princess," Antarang said.

"Why did you want me here?" I asked, highly aware of his thumb moving closer to my lips.

He shrugged, his brown eyes glinting with mischief. "You looked too delectable to pass up on the opportunity of having you all to myself."

"Y-you are impossible." I shook my head. "If that's all then I'm going back. People must be wondering where both of us are."

"Wait!" His hold on my waist tightened as I reached for the door knob. His gaze dropped to my lips and the feral look that flashed through his brown eyes made me believe he was going to close the remaining inches. I wanted him to. But, to my disappointment, he pulled away.

"What?" I sighed.

"I got something for you." With great reluctance he let me go and pulled out a small box from his coat. "I know you said no expensive gifts, but I can't help myself."

I had asked Antarang to not buy me expensive gifts because I didn't feel comfortable receiving them. Plus, if he gave me something pricey then I'd feel pressurized to return the gesture. I didn't earn good for now while working at Vision, and no way was I going to ask my father for money just to get Antarang a gift. So during our dates we settled on surprising each other with roses and our favorite snacks. I was happy with that arrangement.

He opened the box and there was a bracelet inside. It was a thin string with diamonds studded all over it and an infinity sign at the front. It was simple but so elegant... It was beautiful.

"Are they real?"

"They are real," Antarang confirmed. "I wanted to get you something. I can't have the girl I love strutting around without anything on her from me."

My heart paused before mercilessly drumming inside my chest. He loves me. Ever since our fight this was the first time he professed his love for me. Antarang Bhatt, my future husband, loves me.

He must've seen something on my face because his eyes softened and a little smile curved on his lips.

"So mangalsutra isn't enough that you got me another leash," I joked, eyeing the bracelet. Just this once I didn't mind this costly gift.

"I'm a businessman, it's a given I'd like the extra protection for my investment," Antarang replied, taking my right hand and clasping the bracelet around the wrist. There was a contrast between his warm hands and the cold metal string. Once he was done, bracelet hid under the gold bangles I was wearing. "There you go, now you won't be running away. It's a reminder that now you belong to me."

"What about you Mr. Bhatt?" I asked. "Are you mine? I can't be the only one with a leash on me, we have to do something about you too."

"Sweetheart, you already put the leash on me the moment we met. I'm already irrevocably yours."

I beamed. "I love you too Antarang," I confessed. In a short amount of time I fell for him hard and fast. Maybe, it was naive of me but could you blame me when this guy was sweet like that. "I love you."

That was it. His face split into a wide grin. He chuckled, shaking his head and looking down at me with bright eyes like I had made him the happiest man alive.

"I love you Kashvi," he said, "I love you so much."

His words gave me courage to finish what he had started. I leaned toward him and held his face before bringing my lips to his. Antarang stilled, making me hesitate for a second, before taking over. His lips moved against mine passionately. He was dominating but considerate. Sparks flew between us and my body buzzed with need, need for him. This was my first kiss and it was great, more than great actually. It was amazing!

When Antarang's hand slipped into my hair and start tugging it I pulled away. "Don't ruin my hair." I was breathing hard.

"Then don't ruin my hair," he threw back, looking half-amused half-dazed. I realized my fingers were buried inside his dark locks which were now a mess. 

I chuckled. "Sorry," I whispered and ran my hand over his head to fix them. They were so soft. "Now let's go back," I said once I was done and reaching for the door.

He groaned and pulled me back to drop another lingering kiss on my lips. It was small and sweet, but it still made my toes curl. "I can't wait to make you Mrs. Bhatt."

Later, the ceremony took place. Antarang's family gave me lots of gifts and blessings. Same was done from my side. The festive atmosphere, our relatives, feast, and the towers of gifts made this whole thing more real, more fixed. It did make me nervous for a bit... but one loving glance from Antarang put all those nerves to rest.

I can't wait to be Mrs. Bhatt either.

*******

Mangalsutra- auspicious bead chain tied around bride's neck by groom on wedding day. 

Vote and comment if you're enjoying the story.