Mr. Grumpy Pants

Percy

The amount of times I have to tell Felicity to never wake me up early was immaculate. Nonetheless, she did it anyway. And when she woke me up, it wasn't helping that I was laying in a puddle of sweat. My dreams last night had me tossing and turning.

It was 4:30, and I was about to fall face-first on the floor and sleep. "Remind me why you woke me up again?" I mumbled, only having slept for two hours.

"You gotta get ready. Oliver and Rene are waiting for you downstairs, you're going to go investigate one of Chase's building he owns. Oliver thinks it's a lead."

"Didn't he just come back just a day ago? Shouldn't he be resting?" I said, rubbing my blurry eyes.

"You know Oliver. He doesn't even know the definition of rest. But don't worry. I acted just the same way when Oliver called me at 4 this morning. I am not a morning person like he is."

"Whatever."

I grumbled as I headed to the bathroom and changed, washing my face with cold water to jump me out of my senses.

I grabbed an apple from the counter and ate it as I climbed the ladder up the roof hatch. With every step, it creaked. I'm not one to be paranoid but I felt like the ladder was going to crack at any second. I quickly climbed my way up to the hatch, which made a super loud screeching sound as a breeze of fresh morning air hit me. I went on the roof to the sight of Rene eating a breakfast sandwich from McDonald's on the floor with a cup of something, probably caffeine. Oh, what I'd do to have a cup of coffee right now

Oliver, on the other hand, was standing near the edge of the roof, looking afar in his binoculars. The only things that there were to see were some birds and street lights flickering.

I grabbed Rene's drink, not even knowing what it was and walked over to Oliver, hearing Rene promising to kill me when he's not tired. I took a sip of it, and I felt the hot, bitter liquid run down my throat, warming my body instantly.

"Whatcha doin?" I stood next to Oliver, looking in the distance.

"Looking."

"At what?" Your mom

"Percy. Go sit with Rene, you're being bothersome."

"Well, I would sit with Rene, but you didn't get me a breakfast sandwich. So, no, Mr. Grumpy Pants. I will not."

He made a tsk sound and looked away. "I'll get you some Big Belly Burger today, just go away, I'm focusing on something." I wonder who woke up on the wrong side of the bed today, but I am liking the sound of a nice burger.

——

We arrived at the building. It was like every other building you'd see in the city. Except it was old and, well, old. We stood on the roof of the building across the street. I didn't even know what we were doing here. All of this was so out of context. It was five in the morning, and I'd rather be doing anything than this. Quite literally. I'd even be willing to go to a museum (don't ever tell Annabeth I said that).

Oliver laid flat on his stomach, his arms resting on the edge of the roof, holding his handy-dandy binoculars.

Rene sat criss-cross and sat down as well. He looked at me. "Hoss, you better sit down and get comfortable because we're going to be here awhile."

I groaned and laid down on my back, watching the gray sky. There was no sound nearby except for passing cars. And there was nothing to look at in the sky except for the clouds moving at the pace of a snail. I started making pictures out of the clouds in the sky. One was a girl riding on the back of a rabbit, and another was an airplane.