Great, He's Not Dead

Percy

I quickly slipped on my shirt before Felicity or Rene could see my chest. It wasn't something I showed people often, obviously. But I just felt the need to show my scars to Oliver. Something about him felt comforting, and although we experienced completely different things, I had the urge to just spill out everything that had happened to me.

"Kid, what happened to you?" He asked with a harsh whisper, looking at my chest with a pained expression.

I just shrugged, trying to act nonchalant. "Everything."

And I stood up and as I did so, an exasperated Curtis ran in the bunker, catching my attention. "Yo, Hoss, how was the date?" Rene shouted at him as he walked in

Hoss? I'll have to ask him about that later.

"It was horrible. Paul's getting more and more suspicious. I keep coming home with cuts and gashes and I can't keep hiding them forever. He was angry this time- he's never angry like this," Curtis flopped down on one of the spinning chairs and slouched. "He probably hates me now," he mumbled to himself.

"Hey, hey! He does not hate you, he's just confused. He doesn't really understand what you do. But I'm sure he'll understand once you tell him," said Felicity.

"Curtis can't tell Paul yet. Not yet," Oliver stood up from his spot. His t-shirt was back on.

"But-"

"No! We haven't even met Paul yet, so how could we trust him?"

"It's Curtis's husband, Oliver. You should already trust him since he's your friends husband," Felicity was getting clearly frustrated with her friend.

I just stood to the side with Rene, and we were watching them argue. All we needed was some popcorn and this could be our in-home movie theater. Bam. Just saved myself ten bucks.

After awhile, I just cancelled them out. The argument wasn't getting anywhere. But I felt bad for Curtis though, he was in the middle of that whole thing.

I turned to Rene and finally decided to ask, "why did you call Curtis Hoss?"

Rene just snorted and walked away. But I was still so confused, and he didn't answer my question. I'll have to ask Curtis about it later.

I turned my attention towards the middle of the room where Oliver had come to the conclusion that he'd think about letting Curtis tell his husband. This resulted in an annoyed Felicity and a pissed off Oliver. Those two should never mix.

We all tried to go on with the day, I called my mom to let her know I hadn't died yet. I really wanted to call Annabeth but my drachmas were almost gone. I must find more soon, but I wasn't exactly sure where. I'm always told to keep a bunch of drachmas on me at all times for emergencies, but I never really listen to that rule. I'm starting to regret it, though.

After half an hour of doing nothing, Oliver left to go back to his office and do some mayoral stuff. I was surprised, actually, to see how little work Oliver did to the point where he was able to have a vigilante job on the side. The only things I've seen Oliver do as mayor are press conferences.

With nothing to do and bored out of my mind, I walked up to Felicity and asked, "What's with Rene calling Curtis Hoss?"

Curtis looked up and the sound of his name and laughed. Felicity shook her head.
"Puh-lease! Do not get me started on that! I swear he calls everyone Hoss. And no matter how many times I tell him to just call me Felicity, he always calls me Hoss or some other weird nickname he has in store."

Rene had overheard our conversation and decided that he would annoy the blonde. He walked over to Felicity. "Hoss. Hoss. Hoss. Hoss. Hoss. Hoss. Hoss. Hoss. Hoss. Hoss. Hoss. Hoss. Hoss. Hoss. Hoss. Hoss. Hoss. Hoss. Hoss. Hoss. Hoss. Hoss. Hoss. Hoss. Hoss. Hoss. Hoss. Hoss. Hoss.Hoss. Hoss. Hoss. Hoss. Hoss. Hoss-"