All He Wanted Was A Breakfast Burrito

Percy

When I first arrived in Star City, the last thing I imagined was that I'd get kidnapped by a merry band of vigilantes. And I definitely never would've guessed that I become a temporary member of their merry band of vigilantes. 

This has definitely been one the most interesting vacations of ever been on, and speaking of vacations, remind me to never go on one again.

However, today was the day I was supposed to go home with my mom and Paul, and I knew that they wanted me to come with them, back in the safe haven of our home, but I also knew I wouldn't be able to leave Star City until I felt satisfied by my work here. Deep down, I knew I couldn't leave, just when things were starting to get good. We had to capture Church, I don't think I could consciously leave so suddenly without having a pit feeling in my stomach. 

I had just swiped the Iris Message away after I finished talking to my parents. After very much convincing and a reluctant yes from both of them, they were allowing me to stay. Honestly, I might've stayed even if they said no. But what were they going to expect from me? They knew this was most likely going to happen when this first helped out, they knew I had to finish what helped started.

Finally in the bunker, Felicity had just finished treating Rene to his extensive wounds that ranged from multiple broken rips, a broken nose, and a stab wound. Bruises were spread along his face and chest area, no doubt from the horrific torture he had to endure from Church. 

The ride back to the bunker after saving Rene was somewhat silent. We all knew the advantage that Church had now that he knew who the Green Arrow was. And I could tell Oliver was just a little bit angry at Rene for confessing his secret, however, I don't think Rene wanted to. It seemed he had tried to hold his own, but just couldn't hold it in any longer, so I don't think it was his fault. But I'm not sure Oliver understands that the way I do.

And Rory had also admitted that after that mission, he would be leaving Team Arrow permanently. He had mentioned that the only reason he had come back was to save his old friend, but now that he has, he feels that he isn't an asset to the team and he still feels uncomfortable working with Felicity, even though he said he forgave her, I think deep down, he'll always resent her for it. I think I'd feel the same way if I was in his position.

But I was in desperate need of a good sleep. I don't remember the last time I've slept for more than 8 hours. It feels like its been months. So I walk over to my makeshift bed in the bunker, and as soon as I lay my head on the pillow, I'm fast asleep.

Oliver

My alarm is rung at 7. But I was already wide awake, my arms and legs spread out like a starfish. I didn't sleep all night, my mind racing with thoughts. And even after the long mission yesterday, I never felt tired. All night, I just sat and stared at the wall, thinking about what I could to fix this mess. I groggily got up, showered, changed, and went to the office. I normally stop at the bunker before going to work, but today, I decided to skip that step because I don't think I'd be able to handle people talking to me about Church. 

I wasn't in the right state of mind this morning. Everything felt off. Now that Church knows my true identity, I couldn't help but think about what he might attempt. 

I sighed, and tried to think about a different topic.

I debated whether I wanted a breakfast burrito from a café not too far from where I stood but I shook my head to myself, knowing I had important things to do which could be wasted if I spent my time getting food. 

I opened the doors to City Hall where I had at least three  people come up to me asking me questions that I didn't know the answer to. So as usual, I brushed them off and headed towards my office. And to my surprise and dismay, my sister wasn't lounging, lacking on the job. It was empty.