No, I'm a Unicorn

Percy

I couldn't help but feel bad for the Terrific guy. He was left alone here in the Green Arrow's secret lair by himself, to keep watch on me. But it was a shame that these handcuffs didn't work on me. I knew I had to get out of this cage, but I didn't know how to deal with the guy.

I channeled some water from the pipes in the building, and I shut my eyes as I pulled it towards me. Within seconds, I see a blob of water float over to the cage. I willed the water to turn into a shape of a key ,and I pushed it into the keyhole. Once I turned it, the padlock made a quiet click and the cuffs dropped to the floor. I rubbed my wrists that felt oddly raw without the handcuffs. Red marks stained my hands from how tight the cuffs were, I was glad that they were finally off. I stood up quietly, eyeing Mr. Terrific in doing so.

I used the same water from before, and willed it into the keyhole of the large cage. I could hear the water slosh around until it shaped into the correct key shape. It twisted, and the cage clicked open with a loud click. My eyes flew up to Terrific, fortunately for me, he was too distracted  tinkering with some tools to have heard me. sighed. I stepped out of the cage and onto the dark-stoned floor. I quietly tiptoed towards the main room where I was finally able to get a better look at where I was being kept.

A giant stage-like thing was in the middle of the room in a circular shape. I remembered the first time I was here, that this was the place everyone was crowded around. There were probably ten computers in here, if not more. If Annabeth were here, she'd love this stuff. Besides the fact there's a high possibility that monsters would be able to smell our scent if we used them, Annabeth would still drool over all of this.

Behind the platform stage thing, there were some mannequins that were dressed in the vigilante costumes. I saw the Green Arrows, Wild Dog's, Mr. Terrific and I few others I couldn't name.

A look of amusement passed on my face. Does that mean the person underneath Mr. Terrific's mask is here at the moment with no mask on? Oh, this will be fascinating.

My eyes scanned over the room and there he was, hunched over a table filled with lots of stuff. I was wondering how I should surprise him. . . should I just wait until he realizes I escaped and then scare him? Or should I knock him out? But if I knock him out, I won't be able to see the look on his face when he realizes I escaped. I know the best option would be for me to simply walk out, I doubt he'd even notice I left until someone else would point it out. And if he did manage to chase me, I could easily evade a man like him.

But I'm having too much fun with the idea of this. It's just that whenever I try to prank Annabeth, she always finds a way to not get pranked. Whether it be intentionally or not.

So now that I have a chance to have a little fun with someone, even though he's a total stranger, I'm definitely going to do it. So I decided on a much simpler idea.

I walked over quietly behind him, and I was surprised that for a vigilante, he wasn't very aware of his surroundings at all times. He barely even stopped in his work to look around for just a moment. It was like right now, the only thing on his mind was his tools and his tools only.

I tapped his shoulder. "Huh, what?" He spun around, his eyes bleary. However, once his eyes landed on me, they widened in pure fear.

"Whatcha doing?" I asked, leaning closer to him. In respond, he leaned back and grabbed for the nearest object. It seems that out of all the tools on the table that were available for him to grab, he grabbed the one thing that would cause the least damage: a book. It was thin, and I doubt I'd barely feel a thing if he hit me with it.

"I don't think that book will help you very much."

He scornfully looked at the book, and set it back on the table. He then tried to discreetly grab for one of his weapon ball things, but I blocked his way before he could see me move.