20 - Dinner for 5

Raghav looked at his cell, Vaasu was right, there was a message from Pallavi. He knew that ignoring her would not help him. Especially since he won't be able to focus until their equation was balanced as before.

"Hi"

Before he could place his phone down. She replied. "Are you still mad?"

"I am annoyed"

"At me?"

"Yes, you.!"

Rather than a reply text she called him. He picked up right away. Before he could say anything she started.

"Why?"

"You should have told me. Over time you are forgetting what you agreed to. Our agreement was that no one will watch you if you let me know where you at all times."

"I am sorry! I forgot."

"I don't want sorry. I want you to do what you say."

"Okay Gangster Rao!"

He paused for a second as he heard her gasp. Clearly it was a slip from her side. Yet he couldn't, let this pass up. "What did you call me?"

"Nothing....I mean...it just slipped"

"I figured that. Is that what you call me?"

"No I don't...well I just came to the shop I was angry came up with a name for you."

"Ahh... gangster Rao. Not very imaginative, Saree Ka Dukaan"

She didn't say anything for a few minutes. "Your right. I think Ghamandi Rao is a better name for you"

At this he laughed. "Much better."

"Is that the only reason?"

He knew exactly what she meant. "No, I told you just last night. I don't like to see you with other men"

"I was with Vaasu"

"I know."

"We had a deal Raghav." His earlier smile vanished just like that. When he spoke this time his voice was firmer.

"I know that. Until that night. You are mine. It means dealing with things my way."

He heard her sigh. "Regretting your decision?"

Her voice was small so he could barely hear her response. "No!"

"Good. I expect you to keep your word like I do."

She didn't respond to him for a while. "Pallavi, are you there?"

"Yes, sorry I have to go help close the shop."

"Okay. Are you going home after?"

"Yes I am."

"Okay, bye"

"Bye"

As he hung up. The relaxed feeling he was expecting didn't come. Pallavi seemed upset towards the end of the conversation. Until he figured out why. He won't be able to relax. He got up to head to his meeting all the while trying to figure what went wrong.

————————————————————

Pallavi placed her phone down. As tears finally started falling down her cheeks. Every time she thought there was something more between them, he proves her wrong.

When Vaasu had called for lunch she didn't think it was a big deal. Yet the way Raghav had acted she was taken aback. The anger in his eyes when she first looked at him. The possessiveness when he pulled the chair near hers and sat down. When he held her hand she felt as if he was staking a claim. It hadn't mattered that she was having lunch with one of his good friends in broad daylight in the middle of a busy restaurant. He had acted like a jealous boyfriend who caught his girlfriend flirting with some stranger.