Part 5 - Text Messages

Pallavi

Sometimes be alone is a blessing. Pallavi opened the house and surprised that no one was around. Within minutes she remembered Aayi telling her about the evening plans. Amruta had a show this evening and the entire family went to support her. Pallavi had made an excuse about work so that Amruta wouldn't be upset by pallavi's presence. She didn't like Pallavi at all.

Amruta was Milind Kaka and Sulochana Kaki's only child. Kaki had passed away when Amruta was just 5 years old. Aayi had taken charge of all motherly duties for Amruta. She had even told Kaka should he wish to remarry, Amruta would still stay with her. Kaka had refused to marry anyone. His one true love was Kaku and anyone taking her place in his life was impossible. So that is how the family went on for year. Aayi being a mother to three kids - mandaar, Nikhil and amruta. Amruta was the princess for both her fathers - Milind and Vijay. Both of her brothers doted on her and fulfilled every wish.

Then Pallavi entered their lives. She had to share her Aayi with pallavi. Then her fathers. And finally her bothers. All of these reasons resulted in Amruta never fully accepting pallavi. She was polite with her and always engaged with pallavi but the bond that had formed between pallavi and the rest of the family was always missing between Amruta and pallavi.

Today of all days she was happy to be at home by herself. She had a lot to think about - a decision needs to be made about mandaar. She walked towards her room and sat on the bed wondering about her next steps. Slowly her mind started to move towards Raghav. Her mystery man. The guy who was supposed to disappear from her life after that night. He showed up at her shop. He must have known it's her shop or at least the family shop. Why else? How else would he show up.  Maybe it was just a coincidence he did say that he never read her file.

The fact that he had a file on her. He must be one important person to get information on a person just like that. He must have read her file. So he knew about her. She didn't know anything about him. She should find out. If he was such an important person he would be on the net for sure. She took out her phone and started searching about Raghav Rao -Hyderabad. Mandaar long forgotten in her mind.

———————————————————-

Raghav

"Anna"

Raghav looked over at his study door to see Farhad looking at him curiously.

"What?"

"You looked dazed. Is everything okay? I thought you would be so happy that Kriti came home but you seem somewhere else"

"Of course I am happy she is home. She is happy that she is home too. I was thinking about pallavi."

"Pallavi who? I don't recall a Pallavi"

"The mystery woman from the park months back"

"She is married Anna you can't go after her"

"She is not. Apparently her husband left her the night of their wedding. Can you believe it? Someone left a woman like that."

"How do you know did you finally read that file."

"No the file is right here. I am not going to read it. I will be finding out her secrets on my own."

"Why Anna"

"I don't know. There is something about her that I just can't shake. I need to find out what it is or it will bug me"

"So is she the reason for me to buy those 30 odd Sarees?"

"She owns the shop I think. She was in the fitting room I needed talk to her so that's why"

"I need you to do one thing Farhad."

"Yes Anna. Get me her cell phone number. She will not give me her number voluntarily."

Farhad shook his head and headed out the office. Whoever this pallavi is. She better be scared. Raghav Rao is on the hunt.

—————————————————————-

Pallavi

She finally placed her phone down. She read just about all she could about Raghav. He was a criminal. A law breaker a gangster! Though he was never arrested there was a lot of rumors about him. Pallavi didn't know what to believe. But one thing was for sure. He was not a guy to get mixed up with. She decided that if she ever saw him again she would just tell him no. Happy with her plan. She decided to go make a quick dinner for herself.

As she was prepping the vegetables. She started listening to songs on her phone. Soon enough the kitchen was filled with delicious smell. Pallavi started dancing to the songs as she made her food. She was mid twirl when the song had paused. She looked at her phone and saw that a unknown number was calling her.

She ended the call not knowing who would be calling her. She went back to her cooking thinking about who would call her. All the family was out. So they wouldn't call. Apart from them was only Krishna. No one else called her. Thinking maybe something was wrong she walked back to her phone and was about to call the number when a text from that number popped up.

"Hi sweetheart"

She looked at it confused. And typed up wrong number.

"I have the right number Pallavi"

Whoever it was knew her name so they texted the right person. But she still didn't know who it was

"Who is this?"

"How many people call you sweetheart?"

Pallavi was wondering who it was. She tried but couldn't remember. Until a flash of memory from this morning reminded her of who this could be.

"Raghav?"

"Not bad. I was starting to feel unimportant"

"How did you get my number? Why are you texting me? What do you want?"

His answer came in a series of three texts.

"I have my sources"

"Because you didn't pick up my call I decided to text"

"You"

The you text confused her until she read her own text again - what do you want? She was flattered by him but she knew that it needed to stop.

" that's not happening. Please stop contacting me."

She didn't get a text for a few mins and thought Raghav listened to her. She went back to fix her dinner plate slightly disappointed that it was so easy. When she heard a ting and rushed back to the phone. It was a message from Nikhil. They were going to be late. Amruta wanted to go out to celebrate. Even more disappointed about spending the entire evening by herself. Pallavi left the untouched plate on the table and covered it. Her appetite had gone. She sat down to watch some tv. Mostly to distract herself from Raghavs missing texts.

An hour later she heard the doorbell. Glancing at the clock she doubted the family will be back so soon. She went to open the door. And got the shock of her life when she saw who was at the door.