Chapter 11 - Return of the Bench

5 days later....

Raghav was walking upstairs to his room when he heard some noise downstairs. He walked down to investigate the sound. That seems to come from his study. He could hear two voices from inside. He turned the knob and waited a bit before opening the door.

As expected he saw Kriti standing in the middle of the room looking out of sorts.

"Bhai, what are you doing here?"

"It's my study Kriti what are you doing here?"

"Ohh I..sleep...I couldn't sleep so I came to look for a book"

Knowing fully well that she was lying to him. He just nodded his head.

"Good night. Don't stay up too late."

He walked out of the study and back to his room. His mind on Kriti - did she really think he was so stupid. It didn't take the messy hair or the fact she was out of breath to realize was she was up to. Originally it had taken him a long time to adjust to the idea of Farhad and Kriti together. Since their parents past away he took over Kriti's responsibility. To him she was more like a daughter then a sister. So for him to think about Farhad and her together was still a sore spot. Granted he knew Farhad very well, so there was no question about him being the best man for Kriti. For Raghav it was hard to think of his little sister as a woman with desires. So whenever he came across scenes like the study it would throw him for a loop.  

As he changed into his night clothes his phone tinged. He wore his shirt on the way to the phone. As Pallavi's name flashed on the screen he smiled. The message was simple

"I am home" he could just imagine her irritated face as she sent the message. In lieu of the bodyguard they are agreed to a compromise. Pallavi was to text him her whereabouts. Like everything with her it was an uphill battle.

"Did you eat dinner?"

"You are sounding like a overprotective father"

He sent her a FaceTime request, preferring to see her face rather than texting. She declined it immediately.

"Why did you decline"

"I am changing"

"Even better reason not to decline"

"I thought men have magazines for that sort of thing?"

"I don't. I prefer the real thing"

He settled on the chair waiting for her reply. After 10 mins he was surprised to see her FaceTime request. He immediately answered.

"What did you want? And please don't say the typical answer"

He just looked at her. She looked beautiful in a pink net saree with a golden blouse. Her hair was unfortunately tied up but he minimal makeup just made her glow. She was giving a irritated look as she tried to find a suitable place to place the phone. When she finally placed on a surface he could see her top half only.

"Hello are you going to say something?"

"Where are you going?"

"Wedding"

"Whose?"

"My wedding. Sorry didn't send you a invite but since I don't like you I am sure you understand"

"Sweetheart I have no problem kidnapping you from your own wedding."

She rolled her eyes at him.

"Relatives wedding. It's like 30 mins from here. Aayi and I are going. Everyone else will come afterwards"

"Send me the address"