Chapter 7 - Cross Connection

Pallavi

Over the next few days Pallavi was walking around nervously. Every time she left the house she looked around crazily trying to see if someone was following her. After all Raghav would be the type of person that put a spy behind her. Since the visit three days ago she has been gathering information on him. Unexpectedly, Nikhil was the best source of information.

Flashback—————

Pallavi was having lunch when she heard the name Raghav. She almost choked on her food and Aayi had to quickly give her water and rub her back. Once she calmed down and Aayi too. She was able to focus one the conversation in the living room between Nikhil and Kaka.

"He is the most successful businessman in Hyderabad today Kaka"

"He is a gangster. Doing business with low morals will of course get you success."

"That is a misconception about him. He started off as a gangster but over time he changed himself. Today he is just a regular businessman. In fact I have heard about his rules. He has 10 rules that follows religiously. Even when he was on the streets people used to praise him. He has a moral code. He will fight with people, use his strength and influence to get his way but he never crossed a line. There are more people on the streets that will speak good about him then bad."

" he still broke the law Nikhil. He is a criminal"

"Yes and no. You are just thinking black and white.. He likes to do things his way. Like umm... grey..yes perfect he is grey - a combo of black and white."

"I still don't know why would want to work for him or even be like him."

"If you remove the shady stuff he an amazing businessman. In short time he has taken his jewelry brand to the top level. I want to learn from him."

"You are insane and I am not supporting you when you tell your parents about this idea of yours. So count me out."

"Ugh Kaka. Why is everyone in this house so rigid. I wish I was like Raghav Rao. He atleast gets what he wants always and at all costs"

————————Present———————-

Pallavi shivered remembering the ominous words. "He gets what he wants" - unfortunately it her he wanted. If what Nikhil said was true then he would do anything to get her in bed. Thanks to Pallavi's filmy brain she thought of a lot scenarios in which Raghav can spy on her and ruin her life. She needed to find a way to him.

She was walking back to the mall distracted with the thoughts of Raghav. When a kid snatched her purse and ran away. On instinct she ran after him. As usual no one tried to help her. Everyone here believed "in not my problem" system.

Pallavi was about to give up the chase when she saw a tall muscular man who was leaning against a car fling his arm out and grab the kid by this shirt. The move was so smooth that the kid was surprised too. When Pallavi caught up to them the kid was cursing. The man was just laughing.

"Kids these days have no sense of respect. There is a lady present stop cursing."

Pallavi looked at the man. He was in his 50s but was in such a good shape overall. He was taller than most of the people around. As she looked into his eyes she saw that the smile on his face didn't reach his eyes at all.

He looked at the boy in his eyes and said.

"I am going to put you down. If you run my man over there will catch you and you won't like what happens next."

Once the kid nodded yes the giant placed him down. Surprisingly, the kid didn't run.

"Now you have something that doesn't belong to you."