Prologue - Another Wonderful Day

Location - Live House Comet

Your POV

Hi there, my name is (Y/N) (L/N). Allow me to share some things about myself. To begin with, I am a first year high school student at an elite school that I was lucky to be apart of, though the school itself is too strict. Studying is everything to the school, and if a student were to get anything lower than a C on a report card, even if it's just for one class, they will be expelled from the school without a second thought. That's why I make my mission to study and do all of my homework.

The next thing to point out is me having a part-time working at a live house called Live House Comet. It's not exactly a popular live house, but our goal is to have a full house one day. And I am willing to help the manager make that happen. And when working there everyday, this place would be considered a second home for me.

Last but not least, I have the most awesome best friend in the world. Her name... is Kirigaya Touko, and everything about her is amazing. Whenever I get upset about something, she would go out of her way to cheer me up. She is the guitarist for the band, Morfonica. And she is the best influencer to ever the hit social media network.

I am thankful to have her in my life, and I am even more thankful that she and her band come here for band rehearsals every once and a while, and it is my responsibility to help them in anyway I can.

"Good job with rehearsals, as usual." I said while clapping at the Morfonica girls.

"Thanks, (Y/N)! I felt like we did a good job, too!" Touko replied, as lively as ever. This is why she is my best friend.

"Although, Touko-chan, you messed up a little on the guitar." Tsukushi, drummer and leader of Morfornica, pointed out.

"Y-Yeah, I had a hard time keeping up." The vocalist, Mashiro, added.

"Maybe next time, you should play at a much slower pace." Rui, the violinist, suggested.

"Ooh... you guys' feedback is making me uncomfortable." Touko responded before looking towards me. "(Y/N) bestie, can you back me up here?"

This always happens: whenever the girls give Touko feedback she doesn't want to hear, she would come to me to the rescue.

"Look, guys, even though Touko might've been playing a little faster than usual, but at least she didn't make any mistakes." I said.

"Well, when you put it like that..." Nanami, the bassist, started.

"I guess you do have a point." Tsukushi finished.

"(Y/N)-san, I know you and Kirigaya-san are good friends and all." Rui began. "But I am led to believe that you're too soft on her."

I guess Rui does have a point. But I wouldn't be me if I were to be mean to her, and she knows it.

"Thanks (Y/N), you're the best friend a girl can ask for." Touko said a smile spread across her face, then she hugged me.

"Anything to put a smile on your face." I replied to Touko, hugging her back.
______________________________________

Evening...

Location - Residential Area

It was starting to become late and everyone already went home for evening. Well, everyone but me and Touko. She and I usually walk to her house before I go home myself. She and I would spend as much time with each other as we can. We stay up to date on each others' lives when one is not there to witness it.

"Thanks for letting us use Comet for band rehearsals." Touko said.

"No problem at all." I replied. "I was a bit shocked when you told me you wanted to do rehearsals here instead of at Nanami's place."

"Yeah, Fusuke said she wanted to have rehearsals at a live house for once, and the studio rooms at CiRCLE were all booked." Touko explained.

"And that's what made you thought of me and the live house I work at, right?" I asked.

"You know it!" Touko replied. "I know you guys want a full house one of these days, and I will do whatever it takes to make that happen."

I wasn't expecting that kind of a response at all.

"Wow, thanks so much Touko." I said. The manager is going to be happy when she hears about this.

"No need to thank me, it's what friends are for."

We got to Touko's place a few minutes later, but there was one more thing I wanted from her before going home.

"Say, Touko... do you think I can get a picture with you before I leave?" I asked.

"Of course. I always get excited when I get a selfie with my bestie." Touko responded as she got out her phone.

We took the selfie, sent it to me through text, hugged each other goodbye, and I went home while she walked inside her own house.
______________________________________

Location (L/N) Residence, (Y/N)'s Room

It was a long and painful day, but it was a good one, and as soon as I entered my army green-theme room, I was glad that it was almost over. I have to do everything again tomorrow: school first, work second. I don't know if Touko is going to be there tomorrow, but it would be nice if she did.

Buzz buzz

I felt a vibration coming from my pocket. It was my phone, and it left me with one odd question...

"Who in the hell will be calling me at this hour?"

But taking a look at the contact info, I realize that it was the manager calling me. If she is calling me at this hour, then this must be important, so I answered it.

"Hello, this is (Y/N)." I began.

"Ah, (Y/N)-kun. Sorry for calling you at this hour, but I really need to tell you something important." The manager said, sounding desperate.

"That's okay. What's the issue?"'

"Well, you see..."
______________________________________

Location - Kirigaya Residence, Touko's Room

Touko's POV

Ah, man, what a day I had. What made this day perfect was getting a chance to be around my best friend all afternoon. Without him, I wouldn't be this happy at all. Thinking about what Rui said earlier, maybe I do count on (Y/N) too much to save me... Could it be too much for him? Does it bother him?

"No, no, I shouldn't think like that." I said to myself. "If (Y/N) is okay with it, then I should be okay with it, too."

I have to think positive here. After all, (Y/N) and I are good friends, and that is all we'll ever be. Good friends, huh?

"Why?" I asked myself. "Why does a part of me want to be more than just his friend?"

At this point, it's probably for the best that I don't think about it.

To be continued

A/N: Today's birthday shout-out goes to SoupSlicker. Spam my man with birthday messages, and check out his stuff.

Anyway, here is the prologue to the new Touko x Male Reader book, something I didn't do in the past. I hope you guys liked it, and be sure to look forward to next week for the next chapter.