Uninvited but welcome

I sat in my cage and drew lazily, looking around for anything to inspire me. I don't really like being alone, not after I started enjoying his attention.

The sound of the door quietly clicking caught my attention, I looked up curiously and realised very quickly that it wasn't Alex and it's still early for a servant to come in here.

I examined the tied up brown hair and blue eyes, I knew this guy's name.

"Shhh, it's ok, I just wanted to see Alex again" he whispered, shutting the door quietly, I squinted in confusion and decided that it's not my business. I'm not the kind of person to protect my owners things.

He opened the gate and I examined him, Callum seems nice, but I'm not sure about leaving my cage. Sure it wasn't one of his rules, he never said I couldn't, and he even lets me sleep with him, but will he turn it against me?

He did make me promise to hit him if he even looks like he's going to. I guess I wanted to see, deep inside I wanted to see. I wanted to know if I could really not get in trouble for breaking no rules.

I watched Callum for a bit as he sat on the bed, he seemed anxious, maybe excited. In one hand he held a box, he must be giving Alex a gift.

He smiled at me once more and patted the blanket. I stared in confusion, still I just left the cage, eyeing him carefully as I sat near him on the bed.

"Has he gotten to train you yet?" He asked suddenly, I shook my head and watched him. Definitely not anxiety, it's excitement, he keeps opening the box and holding it to his chest.

"Ah, I see, do you talk much?" He asked, I sighed and got comfortable, pressing up against the pillows.

"I do" I mumbled in response, he laughed and reached out to me. I moved away slightly, cautious of his intentions.

"Oh, no I'm sorry, can I pet you?" He asked, I sighed and grumbled to myself, unsure why he's even asking. He can overpower me whenever.

"Yea" I agreed, he smiled widely and pulled me into his arms. I squeaked in surprise and fell still, him hugging me from my side and pulling me close.

"I once had a human growing up. I was sad when he passed from cancer" explained Callum. I relaxed into his warmth, maybe this isn't that bad.

His hand gently stroked through my hair as he laughed to himself, sounding like a giddy child. One I'd see near my home as they raced their sibling.

"Why are you laughing?" I questioned, he brushed my hair away from my eyes and looked down at me.

"Because I think today I'm going to finally admit my feelings today, wait I said today twice" he explained, he moved away and examined me.

"I'll be back later" he said before jumping from the bed and leaving. I looked to the box he left and opened it, eyeing the note and Bracelet, it's wooden, it looks hand made.

I put the lid back on and moved back to my cage, there was nothing else to do.

I was only disturbed to be let out to go toilet.

I was startled from my nap as the door quickly opened and shut. Callum rushing for the bed and looking hurriedly for the box.

I glanced at the door as it opened once more, Alex stood with a red face and a shocked expression.

"Callum? What the hell are you doing? How did you even get in here?" Gasped Alex. Callum laughed and sat down, smiling at Alex.

"What? You're the one who dared me a few years ago to try" joked Callum.

"Wait, that was forever ago. Well I'm glad you weren't caught but why?" Muttered Alex, looking even more confused.

"Missing my best friend, also your human is an absolute sweetheart" laughed Callum.

"Yea, she is" slowly agreed Alex, lifting his eyebrows and opened my cage. I stepped out and stretched.

He sat beside his friend and patted his shoulder.

"Is there something wrong? You seem off? Worried about getting caught when you leave?" Asked Alex, Callum smiled and Alex lifted me suddenly onto his lap. I squirmed briefly and whined.

"Oh shush, I want to hold you" laughed Alex.

"I.... It doesn't matter anymore, did you enjoy Ollie's service" snickered Callum, looking away, he seemed hurt somewhat.

"Oh fuck, you saw us go into the bathroom?" Quietly asked Alex, his face white now, embarrassment clear.

"Uh, I gotta say he's got a real mouth" mumbled Alex, he hugged me closer. I huffed and relaxed, both enjoying the gentle attention and bothered by the fact I couldn't bring my sketchbook.

"Yea, but let's not talk about that.... Um.... When do you plan on training her?" Stammered Callum, staring down at his hands.

I reached for him, maybe he just needs a hug. Why did I care? Because seeing other's sad makes me uncomfortable.

"I had planned to start this weekend actually. Yet it turns out..... I'll need to find another method to my planned one, I can't risk scaring her. Apparently she was hurt alot growing up." Explained Alex, letting me go and I quickly held onto Callum, mostly to stop myself slipping off Alex's lap.

"Oh, the poor dear. I guess a strict method wouldn't be good for her. Anyway, I'm going to go." Mumbled Callum, he had a box shape in his pocket and stood, gently sitting me properly on the bed.

"You two have fun" he added, stuffing his hands into his pockets and rushing from the room. I wonder what's wrong.

"He's acting wierd. I hope he's not in any financial trouble. He knows I'd help out whenever" mumbled Alex.

"Why do you need to change training methods?" I asked, having no clue on the subject of Callum or why scaring me is a big issue.

"Pepper. When I start training you, I just want to make sure that you understand instructions and commands and obey them. You are going to not want to at times and I want you to obey because I'm your owner, not because you think I'm going to get angry or hit you" he explained. I sighed and cuddled against his side.

I want to believe him. Still, It's strange to think of doing it any other way.