🌼Gentle flirtation🌼

🌼 Prince Alex's point of view 🌼

"I'll be back before the sun even sets, it's just a picnic honestly, I would bring you dear. You're far more interesting then any man, I'd simply get to distracted showing you the sights" I teased her. She looked at me in confusion.

"I am? Am I more important?" She asked in confusion, now what do I say? She is extremely important, but if someone proves to be the love of my life, I fear it'd be cruel to set her hopes up if I say my future husband is more important.

She's just a human. I can't put family over a sensitive pet.

"To me, you are important, when I have a family it'll be harder, but you are my Pepper" I assured, she sat in her cage, staring up at me.

She's precious.

"Ok." She mumbled, staring down at her sketchbook. I quickly left, feeling bad now.

I hardly bothered with pleasantries as my servants greeted me, surely they will understand why I'm in a rush. This time I'm wearing my blue suit, much nicer on the eyes I find.

"Ah welcome! I wasn't sure if I planned this to early!" Gushed Ollie, his bright eyes staring straight into my soul.

"Ah no, you're fine. The last gentleman had me pinned all day" I explained, gritting my teeth at 'gentleman', that self centred fool is hardly a gentleman.

"Pinned ay?" He repeated, wriggling his eyebrows. I felt my face grow hot and smiled at him, lifting his chin with a finger.

"That man wouldn't have been any fun" I purred, he chuckled and moved off to a picnic blanket.

"Maybe I will be" he teased setting up the antique plates and glasses. This guy is quite unexpected to say the least.

"Oh and why didn't you bring your human? I'm certain some fresh river air would be good for her" he commented, I sighed and sat on the blanket.

"She's only new, I don't want anything going wrong, I've hardly even trained her" I admitted, thinking on how anxious and sad she is.

"I see, I don't know much about owning one, but I've wanted to. They are quite unique" he dreamily explained, this type of conversation was more my style, I can actually join in with the conversation.

"Yeah, she's my first. Admittedly I was there just to look but I thought she'd be troublesome enough to annoy my father with my purchase decision" I explained, laughing to myself.

"You don't want her?" He asked, confused, I shook my head.

"Oh I very much do. She's charming and adorable. I want to know why she gets so upset and scared over some things. She's never had an owner before, yet acts as if she has been mistreated" I ranted, Ollie smiled and patted my shoulder.

His presence calming as he encouraged me to continue on. He's charming and surprisingly kind.

"I'm sorry this was supposed to be about us" I said, giving him a smile. He shook his head and laughed.

"This is about us, how am I meant to charm you if I can't learn about you. Besides you seem like you need to rant" he explained, examining me carefully.

I sighed and picked out a scone from the picnic basket. He is right, but I shouldn't of allowed myself to ramble, it's only the first date.

The date went slow and pleasant, we didn't say much more aside from some pleasant commentary on the day.

"I'll be leaving, handsome, you're a real pleasure, hopefully I can be a real pleasure for you!" He teased, winking at me as he folded the picnic blanket.

This man. He looks innocent and romantic, but he's so arrogantly sexual.

"You'll have to work for that" I scoffed, placing the antique plates into the basket, he smirked and patted my shoulder.

"But hey, before you go. I think you just need to work the answer from her. I know humans can be chatty, so maybe try that. Not my place sorry, just offering ideas" he mumbled, his smile soft.

I fell silent until I made it back home, walking into my room to see Pepper in her cage.

"You seem surprised" I commented, seeing her confusion on the fact I was back so much earlier then last week.

"Did I do something wrong?" She asked, taken aback, I simply shook my head and closed the door.

"No. Pepper, why do you think that?" I asked, wanting her to finally give me a clear answer. Maybe she is really filling my mind lately, if I get an answer I can concentrate on meeting the love of my life.

I opened her cage and watched her slowly exit, giving me a confused look.

"Because you came back early, I must have done something to annoy you" she explained, I groaned and sat on my bed.

"Come here precious" I encouraged, she didn't move, glancing at the toilet anxiously.

"I'm back because Ollie, bless his heart, is actually not trying to trap me for the whole week" I assured her. Despite that, she still seems anxious.

"Why won't you come here?" I asked, she seemed to freak out at my firm tone. I shouldn't have said it like that.

"I didn't do anything wrong, I was obeying the rules. I didn't do anything" she pleaded.

"Pepper! You're not in trouble" I exclaimed. I stood as she moved to run to the toilets. No not this time, I want to protect her!

I caught her. Her arm shaking in my grip as she pulled against me weakly.

"No! No! I didn't do anything! I didn't" she wailed, I quickly wrapped my arms around her and lifted her off the ground, pinning her arms to her side.

I fell back on the bed as she shouted incoherently. I turned her and pressed her face against my chest, cuddling myself around her.

"Shhh, it's ok. I'm not mad, I know vampires can be scary, but it's ok. Just talk to me. Pepper, breath" I reassured, rocking my body to help calm her.

My door flung open and I scowled at a startled guard, he swiftly bowed and left as I glared at him with a firey fury.

I held the back of her head and continued rocking, her body shaking and her tears soaking my favourite suit.

This poor girl, I hate seeing her like this, maybe I shouldn't have pushed the topic, but I can't help her if I don't know what's happening.