They Don't Know About Us - Part Four

Description: (Y/N) faces the consequences of JJ finding out about her and Rafe's previous secret relationship. Rafe tries to win (Y/N)'s forgiveness.

~~~

"JJ, wait!" I called after JJ, almost losing sight of him in the hallways. All I knew was that I had to catch him and try to talk to him before he had time to get to John B. If anyone was going to tell my brother about my relationship with Rafe, it was going to be me.

I finally caught up with him outside, a little winded from chasing him through the large building.

"JJ, please, let me explain," I pleaded as I blocked him from moving any further. He avoided eye contact with me, a disappointed look on his face.

"There's nothing to explain, (Y/N). Just get out of my way, would you?" He said, attempting to shove me out of his way.

"No, not before you hear what I have to say. I know you probably hate me right now for not only dating your worse enemy, but also for not telling you guys about it. It all just happened so fast with Rafe and I didn't know how to tell you guys at first. After dating him for a few months and still not knowing how to tell you, I figured you guys would just be mad that I didn't tell you after all that time had already passed. I planned on saying something eventually, I really did. I just didn't want to disappoint you guys. I should've told you as soon as it happened, but I can't take it back now. I'm sorry you had to find out this way," I explained. I searched his eyes for any signs of a reaction.

After what seemed like a year, he finally took a deep breath before saying, "how long?"

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"How long were you with him?" He asked.

"About a year and a half," I mumbled, biting my lip in fear of his response.

He scoffed and looked down at the ground, kicking the dirt with his black dress shoe. He looked back up at me, anger evident in his eyes. "Wow, (Y/N). A year and a half? And you somehow couldn't find a way to tell us in that amount of time? Yeah, right," he snapped at me.

I let out a sigh, not even realizing I'd been holding my breath as he spoke. I took in another deep breath before I began once more. "I know, I know I'm terrible. But can you please try to look at it from my perspective? Can you imagine how angry John B would be at me had I said anything back then? How angry he would be if he found out now? Look, JJ. You can hate me, you can be angry at me, you can say whatever you want to me. Just please, don't tell John B. I've already lost my dad, I can't lose him too." I begged. I could tell my last sentence got to him, because he tore his gaze away from mine, biting his lip in contemplation.

He let out a huge sigh before saying, "Alright, fine. But you have to tell him eventually. You can't hide this big of a secret for that long. He will find out somehow."

I felt a massive weight lift off my shoulders at his words. "You're right, but I need to be the one to tell him. And I will, just not right now. Thank you so much, JJ," I said, opening my arms to pull him into a hug, but he backed up, refusing the hug.

I was a little hurt by the rejection, but I understood. I guess it was a little too soon to be acting all buddy-buddy again after what he just heard about Rafe and I.

"I'll see you later, (Y/N)," JJ mumbled before walking back to the club.

I decided that I should probably get back to work if I wanted to get paid decently, so I went back inside and started serving people their drinks again. I had to be extra cautious not to run into Rafe again, because if I saw him right now I'm  not sure I'd be able to not cause a scene in front of all these people.

Just when I thought I was in the clear, Rafe stopped me once again while I was serving drinks on the lawn.

"What do you want Rafe?" I asked angrily as he pulled me aside to a more private area. "Haven't you done enough?"

"I just want to talk," he explained. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Well last time we talked you exposed our secret to my best friend, so no thanks," I snapped, starting to walk away.

"I'm sorry, okay? I was just mad that you broke up with me. If you haven't noticed, I'm not the best at handling my emotions," he told me. I could see the sincerity in his eyes as they bored into mine.

"Yeah, well, you could've at least warned me first," I said, placing my hands on my hips in frustration.

"I know, I'm sorry. I just don't want you to be mad at me. I don't think I could stand that," he revealed.

"Well it's a little too late for that, Rafe," I huffed. He shook his head and bit his lip, breaking our eye contact. I could tell his emotions were starting to build up, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to stick around for that.

"You just don't get it, do you? You broke my heart. Of course I wasn't going to keep it a secret. You think I care if people find out? I don't. And I'll happily go tell your brother right here right now." He threatened. Now it was my turn to shake my head.

"You wouldn't," I warned.

"Oh yeah? You wanna bet?" He threatened once more, a mischievous look taking over his features. "Ya know, I think I saw him over at the bag drop. Why don't we pay him a little visit?"

He started quickly walking towards the back of the club, and I ran after him to catch up. I got in front of him, putting a hand on his chest to stop him from walking any further.

"Rafe, don't do this. I swear I will never talk to you again," I warned, a stern look on my face to let him know I wasn't playing around.

Why was he being such a jerk? He was never like this with me when we dated. This is a completely new side of Rafe to me.

He shoved my arm away and kept walking as I trailed after him. Suddenly he came to an abrupt stop. His eyes were focused on something in the distance, and I looked to see what caught his attention. My jaw dropped as my eyes landed on Sarah.

She was hugging John B at the bag drop. That hug was very intimate, and I began to wonder if something was going on with those two.

I watched as she pulled away and he planted a kiss on her cheek. It took everything in me not to storm over there and ask what the hell was going on. I'm sure Rafe was feeling the same way. Since when did John B and Sarah start hanging out? And isn't she dating Topper?

"Well would you look at that. I guess you're not the only Pogue that's fucked a Cameron," Rafe whispered. I rolled my eyes at his comment.

My mind was racing a mile a minute as I took in the scene in front of me.

It seemed that I wasn't the only Routledge sibling keeping a secret from the other. And both of those secrets happened to involve a Cameron sibling. Maybe I wasn't so wrong for keeping my relationship a secret with Rafe after all. Maybe John B will be more understanding once I decide to finally tell him.

~~~

A/N: I finally got a chance to finish this imagine part! I know it's been a while since I've updated but I am truly trying my best. I hope you guys like it! Let me know what you think in the comments, and please please vote!

Thank you to everyone that actually keeps up with this imagine series! I do notice it and I love you all for it!

Xoxo