Choices

Description: (Y/N), one of the Pogues, finds herself having to choose between JJ and Rafe after getting a little too close to both of them, but she can't seem to come to a decision.

~~~

"I'm glad you came over. I was beginning to think your friends had talked you out of it," Rafe told me, intertwining his hand with mine as we laid on his bed.

"They don't exactly know that I'm here," I revealed, nervous to see what his response would be.

Rafe and I had become romantically involved over the last couple of weeks. We didn't have a label, at least not yet. I wasn't sure if I even wanted this to come to that point, I haven't even told my friends about it in fear of their response. But also because before Rafe and I became sort of a thing, JJ and I weren't exactly just friends either.

We'd been flirting on and off for years, it was kind of our friendship dynamic at this point. I never really thought anything of it until one night we were up after everyone else had gone to bed, just talking and staring up at the stars, and JJ kissed me. Ever since then, we've been hanging out more one-on-one and even snuck a few kisses in here and there. Much like Rafe and I, we didn't have a label either. Things between JJ and I have only gotten more confusing, as he has been giving me mixed signals lately. He's been distant, avoidant of questions that have anything to do with his weird behavior, and he's been switching up is energy towards me. One day he'll be all over me and the next I won't hear from him at all, and if we are all hanging out, he'll avoid being alone with me. It's like he doesn't know what he wants, which is really the only reason I'm okay with also seeing Rafe at the same time.

I don't even know how Rafe and I crossed that line. Up until a couple weeks ago, I thought he hated me just for being part of the Pogues. But then he started being all nice and sweet to me and here we are, laying in his bed.

"You haven't told them?" He questioned me. I avoided eye contact with him, not wanting to see the look in his beautiful blue eyes.

"I didn't think there was much to tell," I replied. That might've been an insensitive thing to say, but I wasn't about to make them all mad at me over something that doesn't even have a label. It's not like we're dating.

"Wow, well alright then," Rafe huffed, taking his hand from mine. We sat in awkward silence for a few minutes before he turned to look at me again.

"Are you, like, embarrassed about us?" He asked me, searching my eyes for an answer.

"What? No! Of course I'm not embarrassed. It's just that it will seem to them like I'm shaking hands with the enemy. Our friend groups don't exactly get along ya know?" I explained.

He nods his head in understanding. "Yeah, I know. I'm sorry it's just that I find my feelings for you growing more and more everyday, and it's kind of scaring me. I don't want to mess things up," he told me.

My heart melted at his words. Was he falling for me? The Rafe Cameron was actually falling for me?

My happiness soon faded when I realized that this also meant I was going to have to make a choice between Rafe and JJ. Rafe doesn't deserve to be lead on and it's about time I get the truth from JJ. Knowing how JJ really feels will help me make a decision. All I need to do is get him to tell me.

I decided I needed to leave before this situation got even worse so I could figure it out.

I swung one of my legs on the other side of Rafe's waist so that I was straggling him. He looked so hot in his black tshirt and hat turned backwards. The look on his face told me my sudden action took him by surprise.