"That Way" - Song Prompt Part 2

Description: (Y/N) contemplates what to do about her complicated situation with Drew, and things only become more complicated.

Just like the first part of this, italics is past tense and regular text is present tense, and the bold is the song lyrics.

~~~

"It makes no sense 'cause we're fighting over what we do."

After we all got back to our trailers on the set, I flopped down on my bed, deciding that I needed to figure out right now what I wanted to do about our situation.

I don't think I can continue things with you the way they are now, but I also don't think I can be strictly friends with you again. Not after everything that's happened.

That left me with only one option.

I got up from my bed and made my way outside, heading straight for your trailer.

Suddenly your door opened, making me stop in my tracks. My heart dropped at the sight in front of me.

The blonde girl from the bar was leaving, and she turned around and wrapped her arms around you, pulling you in for a kiss. She pulled away and walked off to her car, and you watched her as she did that.

I just stood there, unable to move, my mouth wide open in shock. That's when you looked over and saw me, guilt washing over your face as you realized what I saw.

You quickly made your way towards me, snapping me out of my trance. I turned around to walk away before you could reach me. I couldn't even stand to look at you in that moment.

I know I didn't have a right to be mad or hurt about him sleeping with someone else. It's not like we were dating. But what made me angry was the fact that he got angry over me even just talking to a guy at the bar, and he expects me to be okay with him sleeping with someone else after that? No way. That's not how this works.

(Y/N, wait!" You called after me, and I quickened my pace. I was almost to my trailer when you grabbed my arm, turning me around to face you.

Your eyes met mine and I instantly felt like crying. Tears pricked my eyes, but I wasn't about to let you see the effect you have on me.

"What, Drew?" I spat at you. You looked a little hurt at the harshness of my tone, but I honestly could care less.

"Let me explain," you said calmly, trying to calm me down.

"Explain what? How you did the exact thing you told me not to do? You're such a hypocrite, and honestly I'm done. I'm done with this whole situation!" I yelled.

"I didn't sleep with her, okay?" You revealed.

"Yeah it looked like you didn't sleep with her when she turned around and kissed you," I retorted.

You shook your head. "I couldn't do it. I almost did, but I just couldn't," you told me. I didn't believe that for a second.

"You couldn't sleep with her? You really think I'm that stupid? You're telling me you had a drunk pretty blonde girl all alone with you in your trailer and you couldn't sleep with her? Yeah, sure. I believe that," I said, bitterness laced in my voice.

"I know it sounds stupid, but I'm not lying to you. Ever since we started this whole thing I haven't slept with anyone else. I haven't even wanted to. And tonight I realized I don't think I'll ever want to," you revealed, looking me in the eye as you stepped closer. I held my breath in anticipation. Were you about to tell me what I've been wanting to hear this whole time?

"And why not?" I questioned you further, my eyes begging you to just tell me what you wanted to say.

"I don't know," you said, breaking eye contact and looking away. My shoulders dropped as I realized you weren't going to say what I thought you were.

"Okay, well you can't seem to give me a straight answer and I'm honestly getting tired of the back and forth. I mean it when I say I'm done with whatever this is, Drew." I told you, which made you make eye contact with me again.

"Wait why?" You asked. Do you really not get it?

"Because, Drew, I can't do this anymore. You're allowed to do whatever you want with whoever and I can't even have a conversation with a guy without you getting mad. It doesn't make any sense and you can't seem to tell me why. This honestly isn't even worth it anymore." I explained.

"Wait so, you want to go back to being friends? Is that what you're saying?" You asked, not seeming to be able to wrap your head around what I was saying.

I shook my head. As much as I knew it would hurt to say it, it had to be done. "I don't know if we could ever be friends again," I told you.

The look on your face made me want to take it all back. To grab your face and kiss you, and tell you I didn't mean any of it. But I stood my ground, deciding to do what was best for me.

"Wait but-" you started, but I cut you off, not wanting to hear you say something that might change my mind.

"I'm tired, I'm gonna go to bed. I'll see you in the morning," I told you, turning around and going back to my trailer, leaving you standing there speechless.

I couldn't sleep at all that night. I pondered if I did the right thing or not. I thought I was doing what was best for me.

So why does it feel so wrong?

~~~

A/N: Here is part two! Do you guys think she did the right thing?

Please vote and comment! It really means the world to me when I see you guys enjoy what I write! It also makes me want to update faster ;)

Xoxo