They Don't Know About Us- Part Two

Description: Y/N Routledge and Rafe Cameron are keeping their relationship a secret due to the feud between the Kooks and the Pogues. What happens when that relationship becomes too complicated after Rafe broke his promise to stop going after the Pogues?

~~~

I couldn't go to sleep that night after what happened with Rafe. My mind kept going in circles over what I should do about our relationship. I can't keep letting these things slide, and he did promise me he would stop going after my brother and his friends.

He had no problem breaking that promise.

I glanced at the clock. 3:30 am. I decided to give up on going to sleep and went outside to lay on our hammock, admiring the view of the moonlight's reflection on the water, inhaling deeply at the sound of peace and quiet.

That peace was quickly interrupted when my phone started buzzing in my pocket. I sighed, pulling it out. Sure enough, it was Rafe.

"What do you want Rafe?" I asked, annoyance laced in my voice.

"We need to talk," he said, his tone sounded both worried and serious.

"Yeah, we do." I agreed with him.

"Meet me at the pier behind my house in half an hour," he instructed.

"Fine," I said and hung up.

I knew what I needed to do.

~~~

Rafe was already waiting for me when I got there. He turned to look at me once he heard my footsteps approach.

"Hey," he greeted, making his way towards me.

No matter how mad I am at him, I still get the butterflies every time I see him. He looked gorgeous standing there, his hands in the pockets of his black shorts, he was wearing the same yellow tshirt from earlier, a hat still sat backwards on his head. God, why is he so hot?

He came closer to me and leaned down to kiss me, which I turned away from, letting him know I was mad.

He backed up to look at me once he realized I'd rejected his token of affection, an offended look spread across his face.

"We need to talk," I repeated once more. He looked down and sighed, knowing the conversation we were about to have wasn't going to be a good one.

"Look, (Y/N), I'm sorry. I was just defending my friend. I didn't even throw the first punch this time. Pope started it," he explained, trying to defend himself.

"I don't care who started it Rafe! You beat the shit out of JJ and didn't do anything to stop Topper from nearly killing Pope! You promised you would stop. You lied to me!" I yelled, making sure he could see the hurt and anger in my eyes.

"I know, (Y/N), I know! I don't know what you expected me to do! They came at us!" He said, raising his hands up in defense.

"Oh, I don't know, you could've not beat the shit out of my friends!?" I retorted.

He turned around, starting to pace. I could tell he was getting frustrated, as he always does that when he gets frustrated.

"I'm sorry, okay?" He finally said, turning to look at me. By the look in his eyes, I could tell he meant it. But I just couldn't bring myself to forgive him this time.

"Sorry isn't going to cut it this time, Rafe. We just keep going in this same cycle, and nothing changes! You keep doing the same shit over and over again, and I don't believe your apologies anymore. You're just going to turn around and do it again!" I said.

"So, what are you saying?" He asked, worry laced in his voice, an expectant look in his eyes, as if he already knew what I'm about to say.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes to prepare myself for what I was about to say. "I'm saying I can't do this anymore. It's too complicated now, it shouldn't be this hard. I don't trust you anymore. I have no reason to. You just keep letting me down and I'm tired of being disappointed." I revealed.

The look in his eyes was enough to break my heart. He looked away, tears forming in his eyes.

"Look, I'm sorry, alright? I swear I won't do it again. Just please don't leave me. You're the only person that I feel like I can trust. I love you," he pleaded, tears starting to run down his cheeks.

I tried to keep my composure, not wanting him to see me break down in front of him. I blinked away tears as I said, "I love you too, Rafe. But that's not enough anymore. I've given you enough chances. I mean this was inevitable, right? You're a Kook, I'm a Pogue. It's already wrong. I was stupid to think it could be any different."

"No you weren't. I don't care if we're from two opposite sides of the island. I don't care if people know now. I want to be with you. I can't lose you. I can't imagine life without you anymore. Just please don't leave me," he croaked out. "I promise I'll make it up to you. Just please give me one more chance."

I shook my head, a lump forming in my throat as it was getting harder to keep myself from crying.

"It's too late. I don't believe you," I whispered, not trusting my voice enough to say it loudly.

He crossed his arms behind his head, looking defeated.

I walked up to him, cupping his cheek with my palm, wiping away his tears in the process. He looked at me with hurting eyes. I could physically feel my heart breaking at the sight of him.

"I'm sorry," I said, my voice shaky.

I brought my hand back down and backed away from him, trying to convince myself that I was doing the right thing.

I turned around and started walking away quickly, wanting to get away from him before I changed my mind.

"Wait, (Y/N)!" I heard Rafe call out from behind me, but I kept going. It's too late to turn back now.

"Fuck!" I heard him yell again behind me, followed by a loud crash.

That's when I completely lost it, letting the tears pour down my cheeks. I couldn't hold it in any longer.

I had just lost the person that meant the world to me. The only person I've ever truly loved. And that broke me.

I was almost back to my bike when a figure made me stop in my tracks. I gasped when he stepped out into the light, revealing his face.

"John B?"

~~~

Here's part two!

I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of obsessed with this imagine series, so if you guys would like a part 3, please comment and vote!