EPILOGUE

CECILIA ADAMS

"shhh, princess." he whispers. "we'll get arrested if we get caught."

"so why are we doing it?!" i whisper-yell.

he chuckles lightly and sets them off. as soon as the first sound of a spark arrives we run the opposite way hand-in-hand.

today is prom day.

a week after we became a 'couple'. we didn't attend. what for?

instead, we lined up a 20ft line of illegal fireworks in front of the school, to say our goodbyes very dramatically. as you can tell, i did not agree on this... or come up with it.

"O'CONNELL AND ADAMS!" we hear principal lincoln yell on the top of his lungs in anger. "GET BACK HERE!"

me and samuel continue to run until we are out of site of the school.

what a way to say goodbye to your highschool.

i stop at the footpath to catch my breath and then laugh. "that was so fun!"

he smirks in amusement. "it was, wasn't it?"

i nod excitedly.

i noticed that i really only have fun when i am with samuel o'connell. i noticed that he brings it out of me, the fun that 16 year old cecilia wouldn't dare to bring out.

we walk to the park holding hands and sit on the swings. "what do we do now?" i ask as i'm slightly swinging, he's just sitting on it, barely moving.

"whatever we like. it's summer." he tells me.

"what do we do for college i mean." i correct myself.

"i've gotten a few scholarships for football, i'm set." he tells me. i smile.

"i am so proud of you, samuel." i say genuinely.

"and i am so devastatingly in love with you." he lets out. i quickly look at him, widened eyes.

how could i ever be capable of being loved?

"samuel, don't say things you don't mean it's-" i stutter confused.

"no." he says final with the most seriousness in his face. "i love you so much that i feel like i need you more than i need air." he pauses for a second and observes me. "and i understand if you don't love me back but i just wanted you to know."

"i love you." i say back.

i've learnt that saying i love you too isn't the right way to reply to someone saying they love you.

as hardin scott quoted, 'don't say i love you too because it just sounds like you're agreeing with me'.

"i love you with everything that i am." i continue. "i always have."