27

[a/n, i don't know if u guys realised but throughout my book i've mentioned cecilias uncle but it's been really lowkey when it's been mentioned, i just wrote how she's ashamed to be related but i didn't provide context, until now. enjoy the next few chapters my love, ily x]

CECILIA ADAMS

i've been dreading talking about this for so long.

my uncle.

the scum of the mother fucking bucket. that's what he is. i think about it almost every day.

what he did.

what he did to us.

to my mom.

to my family.

to me.

no one believes me that he did it, but he did. he did it and got away with it without not one trace. without not one speck of evidence.

he is the one person i despise with my whole heart in this disgusting, miserable world we live in. yes, i have my moments and i hate my dad and his friends but that man who i am ashamed to be blood related to is who i truly would prefer to have my eyeballs scooped out with a spoon than breathe the same air as is at the top of my list.

he messaged me last night. i haven't been the same. i didn't mention it to samuel, how could i? it doesn't matter anyway. of the police don't believe me, no one will.

he messaged me this.

oliver: let's have a chat, i'll pick you up from school tomorrow.

i attempt to shrug it off and wait on the bleachers. hopefully that bastard doesn't see me. i can't be seen leaving school by myself

it's after school and me and samuel are still on awkward yet okay terms. he drove me to school, we parted ways, he smiled at me once, i smiled back, and now we are here.

the guys are all training, coach said he didn't need me but to wait on the bleachers for now until he does. i'm feeling really anxious and i keep tapping my foot as i'm observing my surroundings.

"hello sweetheart." i hear a voice coming from my side.

no. no no no!

i don't dare to turn my gaze to him.

he takes a seat next to me. a bit too close, so i shuffle further down slightly.

"why are you hiding from me, cece?"

"cecilia." i correct him dryly. i get up and attempt to move but he grabs my wrist and i flinch.

"now where are you going? let's go out to have dinner."

how can i say no? he's capable of a lot of things. one of those things is murder.

i slowly sit back down.

"you're on private property sir. you need to leave." i hear coaches voice as he approaches me and my uncle.

"oh, me and cece are just leaving."

"and you are?"

please don't say it.

please don't say it.

please don't say it.

"i'm her uncle."

fuck.

coach looks at me.

please don't believe him.

"alrighty," coach says. "cecilias not done here but i'm sure i can manage! have fun!"

FUCK!

NO!

oliver smiles. "thanks man!"

"bye cece." coach says and waves. i force a smile and follow my uncle to his car.

as we are in the parking lot i hear a familiar voice. "CECILIA!"

i turn around. YES!

samuel.

i smile at him with relief overcoming me. i love how he can read me like a book.

"where are you going?" samuel asks as he approaches us and looks at my uncle.

"excuse me boy? i'm taking her out." oliver tells him. "jeez, this school is protective ain't i right, cece?"

i force another smile and look at samuel who looks suspicious. "and who are you?"

"i'm her uncle."

samuel please for the love of god don't believe him.

"oh." samuel suddenly says. "okay, have fun."

NO!

SAMUEL.

i'm scared. i'm scared for my life, samuel can see it. what's he doing?!

my uncle turns around to enter the car. "samuel," i quietly wine his name as i'm holding back tears but don't met them fall.

"i got you princess." he comforts. "i won't let anyone hurt you ever again. do you trust me?"

i do.

i trust him.

i trust him with my life.

i never thought i'd feel that with anyone since my mom.

i nod and he cups my face in his hands. "i trust you."

he kisses my forehead and i enter the passenger side of  oliver's car.

he kissed... my forehead.

samuel o'connell, kissed my forehead and called me princess.

i'm scared for my life yet he's giving me butterflies.

[a/n., hope you liked this chapter!! my chapters will remain short unless they're needed to. but the shorter the chapters are, the more frequently i'll update. ily <3 ]

[PLEASE READ!!! this is another a/n but i need ur guys' help. i'm currently planning on writing another story while writing 'CECILIA' and i don't know what the trope should be. should it be brothers best friend or brothers enemy or best friends brother??? thank you for your time!!! <3 ]