12

SAMUEL O'CONNELL

mondays suck.

they suck even more when you are hungover.

they suck when you are confused.

they suck just because they fucking suck okay? don't question me.

i have detention today but that's no surprise.

i enter the school and my friends are hanging out in their usual morning spot. leaning on cecilias locker. i've never really had a problem with it considering i know it annoys her.

"hey man." nathan greets me as we do our handshake. i nod at everyone. "we're hanging out today at caffeine and co. us and the girls."

"okay."

"excuse me." a small voice says interrupting us.

i turn around and when i realise who it is i don't know how to act. so i act like my usual self. an asshole.

"what?" i snap annoyed. i don't know why i'm annoyed with her, but i am.

"i need my locker maybe?" she sarcastically tells me with a 'duh' tone and face.

"no." i tell her. "fuck off."

she rolls her eyes. she looks not bothered to argue, but i am.

"just move." she says.

"i said no." i repeat. "did i stutter?"

"grow up, o'connell." she mutters under her breath and pushes through us again. "you look stupid, trying to act cool in front of your friends by being an asshole. i used to think it suits you but after the weekend..." she trails off.

"fuck off, cecilia." i snap at her cutting her off. what the fuck is she doing?! she smirks and leaves.

"god what's up her ass." jaden, my other friend comments.

i shrug.

"she's just a bitch who wants to make everyone miserable." ashley comments as she pulls me in a hug but i pull her away. yuck don't fucking touch me. "what's wrong, baby?"

i ignore her.

"what's up sam?" nathan asks patting my back.

"nothing!" i snap. "i'm just hungover."

"poor baby." ashley pouts. "let's go to class."

she grabs my hand and pulls me in our next classroom but it's empty considering the bell hasn't rung yet.

she pushes me to the whiteboard and starts grinding on me. fuck.

as annoying as she is, she sure does know how to please a man. she connects her plump lips to mine and we start making out; hungry, aggressive, eager.

this doesn't feel right.

i don't want to be with someone like ashley.

i don't want to be seen with someone like ashley.

ashley is not right for my heart but she's right for me in bed.

heck, no ones right for my heart. relationships are useless, no relationship actually works. whether it's with a parent, a friend, a lover, a stranger, it's all fake and it's all a game that people play when they're bored.

ashley is an embarrassment. as harsh as it sounds, it's embarrassing. that's literally the only word i can think of her.

"what's wrong, baby?" she asks as she seperates. "you're not in your usual mood. it's probably that bitch, cecilia that's got you fucked up."

for fuck sake.

why did she have to mention cecilia?! is she that insecure?! i'm trying to get my mind off cecilia, not get her on my mind while making out with some other chick.

"fucking call her a bitch one more time." i mindlessly threaten and test her and as i say it my eyes widen. before ashley says anything else the bell rings and people start entering.

i push ashley away and go to my seat.