21

PLEASE READ!
[TW!!! this chapter and the next contains triggers such as sex trafficking, prostitution rape and sexual harassment. please do not read if this is uncomfortable to you in any way. if you want, the next chapter will be a summed up version of this one without all the triggers, you just need to request it and i promise i will do it for you. another warning, i'm making this all into two chapter so it'll be long. ily and if you ever need someone to talk to i promise my dms are always open. <3]

CECILIA ADAMS

i shouldn't be scared.

i shouldn't be scared to enter my own home.

what once was a happy place and a happy family is now just a place to go to sleep.

i've been dreading coming home and i've been procrastinating for an hour now.

it's 5:48. almost 5:49. i should wait until 5:50.

but then it'll be uneven, so it'll only make sense to go at 6:00.

i feel this big lump overcome my stomach, i feel like i'm going to explode.

grow some balls, cecilia.

i'm on the porch just as it hit 5:49. whatever, better to get it over with now.

i enter my house and once again i hear loud chatter and the stench of strong whiskey slaps me across my face. i cringe at the horrible scent and walk in slightly enough to see the living room.

i see the back of my father and his friends' heads, there's about 8 of them including my father. each one with a prostitute

my father quickly turns his head and burns his drunken eyes on me. he aggressively pushes the woman off him and approaches me.

"who the hell do you think you are, girl?!" he yells at me and pins me to the closed front door gripping my neck, choking me.

"i'm sorry-" i force out unable to breathe but he tightens his grip. no one in the living room even cares, i don't expect them to.

he gets his other hand, grips my head and bangs it harshly on the door. my vision goes blurry for a second and from then on my head is spinning.

at this point, tears are drowning my eyes and i can't breathe.

"who the hell do you think you are?!" he repeats raising his voice louder, "you sleep in MY home, your shit is in MY home, your fucking family is in MY home! you leave when i fucking say you leave."

what family?

i flinch at every word he yells.

"it should've been you instead of your mother." he mutters bitterly.

he's right. it should've been me. why wasn't it me for fuck sake?!

"hey beautiful." a drunken voice slurs interrupting my father. my father turns around at the man and then smirks. he looks at me and then at the man.

"she's all yours." my dad tells the man.

no.

no, no, no. god, please, no.