06

SAMUEL O'CONNELL

so much tension and anger has built up inside of me today during practice as i watched almost the whole team objectify her like she was a piece of steak.

knowing cecilia, i know she felt uncomfortable. doesn't mean i care about her or have any slight feeling other than straight up hatred for her, it's just gross. i know i sound like a hypocrite because i hook up with a new girl almost every second day but that's different, these girls throw themselves at me, i'm not going to complain.

i need to see her right now.

i need to tell her to back off my team.

i need her to know that she has no chance with any guy.

i hate saying this but they don't deserve her. she is too good for them. for anyone.

after my shower i get dressed in grey sweatpants and a black t shirt and then storm in the girls locker room. she should be finished her shower by now and dressed and if she's not, she's fucking slow.

i open the doors and she doesn't hear anyone, she's in a sports bra and she is brushing her wet hair. i can't help but just admire her. not because i think she's beautiful or anything. it's just satisfying to watch. soon she puts her hair in a ponytail and my eyes widen.

what the actual fuck?!

her whole back is filled with red marks, bruises, new bruises forming, bruises recovering, scars and old scars that won't go away. no. who is doing this to her? does she have a boyfriend that touches her?

without thinking i burst in and she quickly turns around and gasps. "SAMUEL! GET THE FUCK OUT!"

my facial expression becomes more heated and my eyes widen more as i get a better look of her front abdomen and arms which looks identical to her back. the scarring and bruises i mean. and her face. she has a red hand mark on both cheeks indicating she's been slapped on both cheeks multiple times and she has a red hand mark on her neck. she quickly grabs a red crew neck and puts it on.

"i could've been naked!" she yells.

i don't say anything. i'm speechless of words.

"who's doing this to you?"

she's angry. "go. away." she tells me as her eyes tear up she puts her hands on my stomach area and tries to lead me out but i don't move. "samuel go away!"

"cecelia." i start. "who the fuck is laying their hands on you?!" i almost yell.

"NO ONE!" she yells back. "like you care! a few hours ago you almost made my blood circulation stop so i guess you are the one laying hands on me, fucking asshole!"

okay, my bad for laying hands on a woman but i didn't intend on hurting her and i know i didn't hurt her as bad as what's on her whole body.

"cecilia." my tone build up as i bang one of the lockers. "who is doing this?!"

she rolls her eyes and shakes her head as she avoids eye contact. "please. don't act like you care."

i do care.

"fine. you are right. i don't actually give a fuck. i just came in here to tell you that you are a worthless whore and to stop dressing like a slut to grab all the guys' attention during practice." i say coldly. i shouldn't have said that. regret overcomes me as i watch her eyes sweat more than they already are.

"i hate you so much, samuel o'connell." she comments and her voice and tone and face is covered with nothing but pure hatred and disgust. "you sure do know how to turn my miserable life even more miserable if that's possible. congratulations. you've won. is that what you wanted to hear? is that your trophy? to hear me say that you've won? your trophy is me crying and not smiling. so here you go. HERES YOUR FUCKING AWARD!" she yells. "go fuck yourself. you don't need to be here. let the games begin."

let the games begin?

what is she planning.

she grabs her bag and storms out. i punch a locker so hard that my fist is indented in it. "FUCK!"

i stay in the locker room for a few more minutes replaying what just happened.

*ding*

i turn my attention to the phone in an opened locker. did someone leave their phone? i approach it and look at the lock screen. a picture of cecilia and her mother at a strawberry picking farm as they're both smiling ear-to-ear with one big basket filled with strawberry's. cecilia was so cute, and i was her best friend while she was at that age. my attention turns to the notification she got.

dad:
you better fucking come home now! i have guests over and they want snacks.

abit aggressive coming from her dad but he's probably in a bad mood. another notification appears.

dad:
ANSWER ME CECILIA! if you don't answer right now you're gonna wish you don't come home.

should i answer? he sounds serious. no i shouldn't. i should drop her phone off at her house and apologise. no i shouldn't. yes i should.