Chapter 17- Time

I was given permission to leave the hospital, under Daniel's care.

"Are they going to sleep with us?" I asked Daniel as we got off the car.

"Careful, babe," he took my hand and kissed my forehead. "Well, I have a little something to show you," he smiled. He took both babies and led us inside.

"No way!" I gasped. Half of one of the guest bedrooms was white with light purple curtains, crib, rocking chair and white dressers. The other half was a bright, baby blue, with the same furniture. "Daniel, this room is perfect for Ashton and Juliette. Thank you," I pecked him on the lips and took Juliette from his arms and placed her in her own crib. Daniel did the same with Ashton.

"Well, now that both twins are asleep..." he pulled me close to him and made a trail of kisses on my neck.

"Daniel," I chuckled softly and took his face in my hands. "Not so fast Daemons. We can't risk anything or anyone hurting them, so we have to be on guard for these first few months," I whispered.

He sighed and kissed my forehead, "you're right, Chloe. Let's get you something to eat and then we'll check up on the twins." I smiled and nodded as we headed out the door with one last glance at the sleeping twins in their own crib.

As we walked down the stairs, a thought came to mind. "Daniel, where is Tori?"

"Oh, I must have forgotten to tell you. She was kicked out of the pack after she confessed," he shrugged. "There were too many deaths and I didn't want to add more to it. Especially around the twins."

"What if she comes back? They always do and I'm just tired of it," I sighed. His hand intertwined with mine as we reached the bottom and he spun me around to face him.

"There will be no such thing because there will be extra protection," he smirked knowingly and I raised an eyebrow for him to elaborate. "Nathaniel and I decided to join both packs as one, for the sake of the children," he explained.

I smiled. "Wait, is that possible?" I questioned.

"What do you mean?" He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"Well think about it, two Alphas ruling one pack."

"Well, since we're twins, we count as one. Plus, it'll give me a chance to show Nathaniel different strategies and other things that were part of my training," he answered.

"What about when it's time to pass down the title? Ashton and Aiden will be in competition all the time and what if comes down to a fight?" Suddenly, this didn't seem like a good idea anymore.

"Chloe, there are two packs. Aiden will take Nathaniel's and Ashton will take mine. Except that we'll be a mixed pack. Construction for new houses for the people who will be moving here, is starting soon. Don't worry, I got this," he stated and I nodded.

"If you say so... Now, let's go see what Martha has in store," I pulled on his hand and headed towards the kitchen with a chuckling Daniel on my heels.

**

"Ashton, stop biting Aiden! That's not very nice," I scolded and picked him up from the soft rug. Aiden threw a toy at Juliette, who cried, causing Ashton to throw the toy he had in his hand at Aiden, hitting him right in the eye. "Ashton!" Aiden burst into tears. I picked a sobbing Juliette up, kissed her temple, and rocked her in my arms. Then I placed an angry twin in his own crib. All three children hated the cribs because they were for, "babies." Their words, not mine.

"Ash, you'll stay there until you apologize to Aiden. He's very sad right now," I dried Aidens tears and also put him in a crib for hitting Julie.

"I sowy," Juliette mumbled as her bottom lip quivered.

"No, honey it's not your fault," I kissed her cheek and she smiled at me, her tears stopping halfway.

"No," Ashton pouted and faced down at his lap. At only three years and four months old, Ashton was a very stubborn and proud child. Juliette was more on the soft and forgiving side, although sometimes very sassy for her age.

"He hit Juwie fost," Ashton argued and pointed at Aiden.

"Alright then. Aiden, can you apologize for hitting Julie?" Aiden turned to Juliette and mumbled a soft, "sowy."

"Ashton..." I called out softly. "What do you have to say to Aiden?"

"Sowy," he mumbled and looked away.

"That's my boy," I grinned and kissed his head. "Now, you'll both stay there until you learn not to throw things at people. Julie and I will go get some cookies because we didn't throw anything at anyone," I opened the door, Ashton's words stopping me from going any further.

"Mommy!" My heart clenched. "I sowy, I sowy!" His lip quivered and he jumped up and down.

"Baby, I know you're sorry, but you have to learn to be nice to your cousin. Same goes for you Aiden," I stated.

"I won't do it again. I pomise! Mommy," he begged and stretched his arms out for me. Oh my God this was so hard, they had me wrapped around there little finger and they knew it too.

"Oh alright," I gave in and he smiled. His tears fresh in his eyes. Kissing his cheek, I took him out and he dashed for the door, tripping on his own feet.

Taking Aiden out, I placed him on his feet and he ran straight after Ashton.

"Do you want to join them?" I asked Juliette and she wrapped her arms around my neck before squirming to get out of my arms and after the two boys. I chuckled and placed her on her feet too.

It's hard when you realize that your two children are growing up too damn fast. Soon, they'll be off to school and then training. Something Daniel and I will discuss in the future, but for now, we'll enjoy the footsteps they take and the fingerprints they leave behind because soon, they'll be wiped away by time itself.

--------********--------
**Author's Note**

OH MY GOSH IT'S BEEN FOREVER!! I hope you guys are still there, hanging tight with me. Epilogue is next *tears*. Stone Heart 2 is ending. Nooo. Anyways, I love you all so much, especially the ones who've been here since day one and have been waiting patiently for this. I LOVE YOU!!! ❤❤

-MariFer ❤

P.s. ignore the grammar mistakes, I wrote this on a phone.