Chapter 7- Tests and Pictures

"I don't understand, Daniel. You said everything was alright," I followed Daniel as he sat behind his desk. It was three weeks since we came from Nathaniel's, the days going by fast and boring as well as unsuccessful. Well, at least until now.

"Things like this happen, Chloe and it's my job to take care of them. We talked about this," he argued and I huffed in annoyance.

Daniel had gotten a call from an Alpha from a not-so-neighboring-pack, whom asked him to go over and deal with some issues they had with trespassers. I may come off as clingy, but the northern pack territories are filled with crime and not so much order and piece. It terrified me to know that Daniel would have to go all the way over there, while I uselessly stayed here.

"I know, but at least let me go with you," I begged.

He scoffed, "Absolutely not. There's no way in hell I'm letting you come with me to those parts. You'll stay right here, while I go and take care of that. I'll be back in a few days, babe."

"But I-"

"No, Chloe. You will stay here and that's final," he leaned back on his chair and crossed his arms over his chest, daring me to argue. I guess that from all the times that I have challenged him, he still hasn't learned not to challenge me either.

"As Luna of this pack, it is my responsibility to-"

"Stay and lead the pack, while I'm off to attend other issues," he cut off with a smug smile. I hate it when he's right.

"Fine. You win," I mumbled. He grinned and got up from his chair. A quick peck on the lips and he hurried me out, trying to finish the stack of papers on his desk. I reluctantly got out and made my way down the stairs.

My stomach churched and I placed my hand over my mouth, speeding down to the nearby bathroom. I made it just in time and hurled my breakfast down the toilet. When I was finished, I brushed my teeth to get rid of the foul after taste and headed to the infirmary.

**

"That can't be possible can it?" My eyes widened in shock.

"Yes, yes it can. When two people love each other, they have a thing called sex. The male's peni-"

"Stop! I know how that works," I exclaimed to the doctor who had my positive pregnancy results in his hand.

"Well then, there you have it. You're three weeks pregant with the Alpha's child!" He beamed. It took a minute before my mind registered what he had said.

"Oh my God," I whispered to myself. "I'm pregnant with Daniel's child..." a smile broke out my face and I hugged the doctor, who stood frozen in shock at my actions. I ran out the infirmary room and down the hallway.

Wait- I skid to a stop. This has to be special. I can't just barge in and announce I'm pregnant. Maybe I should wait and tell Daniel, after he returns from his trip. That's unfair to him though, he has the right to know that his wife is pregnant. With my mind made up, I headed upstairs to take a nap first.

It was too hot for a nap, so I got up and headed outside, ignoring the ache from my tired body. What of I called Crystal? Could I confide in her to help me out on this? I headed back inside and dialed her number.

"Hello?"

"Crystal, it's Chloe," I began. "I need your help. Is Nathaniel around?"

"No, he's out buying the baby clothes. He's absolutely obsessed with the idea of being a father," she chuckled. "But what's wrong? Is everything okay?"

"I need you to keep quiet please. "

"Yes, of course," she answered.

"I'm also pregnant," I rushed out.