Chapter 13- I Believe You

My body was ignited. A surge of shock and happiness coursed through my body as I jumped into Daniel's awaiting arms. His face nuzzled in my neck before slowly making his way to my lips. Almost immedietly, our lips attached full of want and need.

"How?" I asked when my my lips reluctantly left his. "I thought that I had lost you, Daniel," my lips started quivering and his thumb traced it ever so softly.

"I don't know, love. Maybe something was given to me or somehow got into my system, but whatever it was, I'm grateful for it. Let's get out of here, I'll have someone clean this mess up," he took my hand in his and we made our way back to where Daniel had called someone to pick us up. "When were you going to tell me, Chloe?" Daniel's face held hurt and I almost had forgotten about what he was taking about.

"Daniel I was going to tell you that same day I found out, but as you can see, I didn't. I wanted to make it special because I love you, Daniel. This is our first child together and I wanted to make you feel happy when I told you," my hand caressed his cheek softly and he leaned closer to my touch.

"Chloe, of course I was going to be happy. I'm happy right now just thinking about it! I mean, look at the shitty situation we're still in, but knowing that I will have a child from the woman who has my heart, is what really makes me happy," a smile broke out on Daniel's face and I couldn't help but smile too.

We walked further until we got to a street and up ahead, a car made its way towards us. One of Daniel's guards got out and opened the door for us to get in. I rested my head on Daniel's shoulder and closed my eyes as I heard my mate take a deep sigh and wrapped his arms around me.

My eyes fluttered open to the feeling of a car pulling up.

"We're finally home, love," Daniel kissed my temple an helped me out the car. I was too exhausted- physically and mentally to be able to form a sentence so I mumbled an incoherent response.

Stepping out the shower, I dresses into one of Daniel's many t-shirts and slipped into bed. A few moments later, I felt the bed dip from beside me and a pair of arms wrapped around me.

"What are we going to do, Daniel?" I mumbled softly.

"What do you mean?" He mumbled back, my eyes started to droop.

"We can't risk our child's safety, not now, not ever," I turned to face him and wrapped my arms around his torso.

"I know, baby. They've taken you away from me so many times. I've failed you as a husband- as a mate and I-"

"Hey, now. It's not your fault. You didn't know stuff like this would happen, Daniel. I know you and I know you wouldn't let anything happen to me by your side," i cut him off and he sighed in frustration.

"That's the thing, Chloe! It's the times I let you out of my sight that bring all this to us. I shouldn't let you out of my side and I still do anyways! I get caught up in my Alpha duties, that I let my mate responsibilities slip. You're my number one priority, both you and our child and yet I always find a way to slip up. I'm such a shitty husband and mate, Chloe. I disappoint myself as a man," his hurt and sincerity in his words hurt me. He shouldn't think of himself like that.

"Please don't say that about yourself. It hurts me when you do and-" I sit up abruptly and place my hands on my stomach. A cry of pain escapes my throat as a piercing feeling invades my senses.

"Shit! Chloe what's wrong?!" Daniel jumps out of bed over to my side and lifts me up bridal style and carries me over the the pack doctor. It's all too much and suddenly it becomes hard to breathe.

"I can't- I can't breathe!" Daniel bursts through the door and the doctor is already set up.

"Lay her down gently and step back to give her some space," the doctor orders and Daniel surprisingly obeys.

I feel an oxygen mask being placed on me and my breathing starts returning to normal, but the pain is still there.

"She can have a miscarriage with all this," I faintly hear the doctor say to Daniel and I start panicking.

"What?!" I cry out and a tear slides down my cheek. Then two, then three.

"Don't worry, Luna, we'll try everything we can. Soon, you'll be carrying your pup around for all of us to see," he tried and his words only helped ease the pain by a bit. My baby had to be alright, nothing could happen to him or her, I couldn't stand the thought of it.

"Please," I whispered before I let my eyes shut close.

**

"-bed rest for the rest of her pregnancy. She can't be put under any emotional or physical situation that will cause her to freak out or worry. It can seriously put her pregnancy in more danger than it already is and we can't risk that," I heard the doctor say to Daniel.

"I understand, " Daniel responded before I heard the door open then shut. I heard a sigh before a familiar hand took my own. "I won't put our child in any more danger, Chloe. This is all my fault. I could lose you both so easily and I-" he choked back a sob before kissing the back of my hand. "I love you too much, Chloe. It scares me to know how much I depend on your love," he softly spoke.

"I love you more, Daniel," I weakly responded. He chuckled and then I heard him shift, placing a lingering kiss on my forehead.

"You'll be okay. You both will," he assured and for some reason, I believed him more than the doctor, himself.

"I believe you," I stated with a smile on my lips, eyes still closed. "I love you, Mr. Daemons," I said as I started fading away again.

"I love you even more, Mrs. Daemons," I heard him say before I gave in.

--------********--------

**AUTHOR'S NOTE**

OMFG HELLO!!! *speaks to an empty room* have i lost you?! I have no internet so I spent two hours fighting with my phone to make this tiny update because i couldnt stand the unfairness to you guys! I hope youre all still here with me. I LOVE YOU GUYS FOR WAITING FOR THIS PIECE OF CRAP I UPDATED!! THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR LOVELY COMMENTS BABES!! <3

-MariFer <3