Chapter 12- Flashbacks and Death

Have you ever breathed in deeply, only to feel like you're drowning even more? No matter how much air you have around you, you can't seem to get enough? It was ironic how the sight of the only man I will ever love, lying lifelessly only feet away from me, drowned me in a cruel and twisted, sick way, but the man himself, drowned me in the most incredible way possible. I was a desert, dry and in need of an ocean that would satisfy my never ending thirst. Daniel was the ocean I needed-an ocean I would gladly drown into until I was in a complete and utter abyss and even if I ever did surface to the top, he would pour down like rain in a promise of his never ending love.

"Please! Let me go, Jerry!" I cried out as I thrashed around in his grip. His hands unwrapped from my wrists and I sprinted towards the father of my unborn child. I dropped to my knees beside him as tears streamed down my already stained cheeks, my hands frantically running through his face and chest. I cupped his face with both hands as my right thumb traced his bottom lip. With shaking hands, I leaned down and pressed my lips against him. I gave my all into the kiss as I held on to him tightly. My fingers ran through his hair in hope that it wouldn't be the last time. I felt the saltiness of my tears reach our lips and I felt Daniel respond a bit.

Detaching my lips from him, I stared at his own set of lips in shock. Maybe I imagined it. His face was facing opposite of the men that had guilt written all over their faces. In anger and hurt, I slowly rose from the ground.

"You did this to him," my voice was dangerously low and I even scared myself for a second. "This is all your fault."

"Chloe we never really wanted to kill him. He was supposed to hand over the title and leave. I didn't mean to shoot h-"

"Shut up," I cut Pete off. "I heard everything so don't lie to my face," I felt the authorative side of me peek out slowly.

"He's saying the tr-"

"No, Jerry. You above all people. You were part of the pack. How could you do this to your own people? What did we ever do to deserve this? You will pay, Jerry. Drop down to your knees," I was still Luna and we were still in our territory, so their wolves would obey to my command. Only strong Lunas who knew how to handle power, would be able to be obeyed by whomever was in the pack. It was power that was giving to us at the right time and at the right place. This was it.

Jerry's knees hit the ground and shock was written over his face as well as fear.

"I'm your Luna, Jerry. Your wolf is useless against me and you know it." I looked over at Pete who was visibly shaking. "What are you waiting for?" In an instant, both men were vulnerably before me.

"Mine," he growled possessively as he pinned my hands beside my head and captured my lips with his. My lips moved in sync with his soft lips that were full of need against mine. He pulled away and I was gasping for air while he looked unfazed. 

Flashbacks sped through my mind as I stared at the men on the ground.

"You mean too much to me to just let you slip away that easily."

I closed my eyes as Daniel's words rang through my head.

"I thought I had lost you," he said softly from above.

"You didn't."

"You don't realize how important the sound of your voice is to me," he replied. "You were gone for two days and I yearned for you, my wolf and I both. Our hearts beat as one and when you were gone, I was doing a solo." My heart swelled at his words and thumped at an un-normal rate. "I was afraid of finding my other half. I wasn't afraid of someone hurting you, I was afraid that I would hurt you myself. Everyone sees me as who I am... a monster, but when you didn't try to run away from me, when you responded to my kiss and to my touch, I knew how wrong I was. I realized how much I wanted you in my life, how much I needed you in my life, and it made me see how much you meant to me. Everyday, since the first day I met you, I ask myself the same question, over and over again. Why? Why did you stay? Why didn't you leave a monster like me? What did I do to deserve someone like you?" He breathed in deeply. As I replayed his sincere words in my mind with a small smile, I realized what he said was true, our hearts do beat as one.

Slowly, I approached the culprits of the loss of my love.

"Can I mark you, Chloe? Can I claim you as mine?"

My hands placed themselves on either side of Pete's head, the words of my lover giving me strength to do the unspeakable.

"Chloe Waters, you said I stole your heart, will you do me the honor of getting back at me by stealing my last name? Will you grow old with me and rock your rocking chair beside me? Will you spend the rest of you life with me? Will you marry me?" His eyes looked deeply into mine

The sound of bones breaking reached my ears and I tugged harder until I only felt the head in my hands. I tossed it to the side.

"Luna! Please- I"

"I love, you," he whispered softly.

"I love you," I whispered back and kissed his lips. In that moment, nothing else around us, or a thousand miles from us, mattered because I knew one thing and one thing only.

I was fully his, and he was fully mine.

Both of my hands were placed on Jerry's head, now. His pleads and cries didn't stop me as I tore his head off too. Two- three, lifeless bodies surrounded me in the middle of the green field.

Maybe it was the way his arms felt, wrapped securely around my waist. Or maybe it was the way his body fit so perfectly- like a puzzle piece, with mine. Or maybe it was the way his lips moved in sync with mine- together with rhythm Maybe it was the sound of our hearts beating at the same time, at the same pace- never missing a beat. Or maybe it was the sounds around us, muffled by the calm waters, lightened by the moon's soft glow. Whatever it was, I was under water and I was breathing just fine.

I broke into uncontrollable sobs as my body dropped to the ground in a messy heap. No one heard my cries of pain as I rocked myself back and forth, arms that weren't Daniel's, but instead mine, wrapped around my waist in a try of comfort. My body shook as I replayed Daniel's words and actions. His smile that brought one of my own, would no longer be present. His husky voice won't be the first sound I heard in the morning and his arms won't snake around my waist possessively, anymore. My fingers tugged at the roots of my hair in frustration and in overwhelming pain. As I cried my heart out, two familiar arms wrapped around me from behind and I choked back a sob in shock.

Slowly, I turned to look at the owner of the comforting arms that soothed me in less than a second and I gasped.

"I would have ripped their heads off too, love."

________********________

** Author's Note **

SURPRISE!!!! I told ya'll to trust me /_-