Chapter 24

Costello's Perspective:

It literally took everything inside of me to remain calm, and hand Madeline her debit card. Why is she so adamant on spending her money anyways? She obviously knows I can support her, but still she wants to spend her money pointlessly.

But if I hadn't given it to her then she would've been un-happy the whole day, and I couldn't have her being in a bad mood for our Ceremony.

I'm walking upstairs to my room now. I decided to give her space while she was getting ready so she didn't feel suffocated by me. She's already overwhelmed as it is.

As soon as I open my door and lay my eyes on her, it's like someone's thrown me into a vortex of being mesmerized. I struggle to talk as she gets up and spins around slowly. She asks me "How do I look?" My Wolf and me battle for control. My eyes keep changing from gold to blue as I say "Perfect. The dress looks fantastic on you."

She laughs "I could pay you back for it." I roll my eyes. I can't help myself but to use my Werewolf speed, to get right in front of her and put both my hands on the sides of her neck softly. "Madeline you literally made me go speechless."

She doesn't say anything, just looks up at me with her sparkling brown eyes. I'm about to lean into her and kiss her, when my Mom and Dad open the door to my room. Maddie pulls away from me. My Mother has tears in her eyes as she looks at Maddie. She wipes her eyes "Hello darling. I'm Costello's Mom Sandra. This is for you."

She puts the ring, still in its box, towards Maddie.. The ring was a size six, but we got it sized to an eight for Maddie's ring finger. Maddie looks at my mom sweetly "Nice to meet you."

My Dad looks at me. Signalling to me, to put the ring on Maddie. I clear my throat, as I take the ring out from it's slit in the box, and put my hand out to Maddie. She puts her beautiful hand in mine, I slip the ring over her finger. Then my Dad steps closer to Maddie.

Maddie looks at my Dad with a big smile "Hi Jerald." My Dad laughs, and teases my Mom "She already knew her Father In Law's name." I chuckle at my Dad's funny comment. My Dad pulls a little box from his pocket. "Madeline, in Werewolf Weddings, we don't put rings on, in front of everyone, you put them on each other before. So here's the ring you'll be putting on my son's finger."

My Dad proceeds to open the box up. Maddie takes the ring in her thumb and finger, and turns to me gracefully. She takes my hand and slips the finger on.

My Mom and Dad smile

My Mom and Dad smile. Then my Mom says "Okay the Guest's are all arriving now. Let's go."

I grab Madeline's hand, and intertwine my fingers with hers, I wait for her to pull her hand away, but she doesn't. Thank god.

It takes us five minutes in car to get to our gigantic event field. There's a stage set up, for where me and Maddie will be getting blessed by one of our Werewolf Pastors. And then after that, it's the fun and easy stuff, eating, drinking, and socializing.