Chapter 17: Camila

Once I had finally run out of tears in the bathroom, Ally suggested we go back to the mansion.

She knew why I was crying, and she supported me. Meaghan had told her, because she guessed right, and I didn't want to say it out loud.

Admitting it out loud would make it true, and I wasn't sure if I wanted that. At least not right away, because I was still confused.

Before we left, Ally went to go tell everyone where we were going. Normally, I would've gone in with her, but I didn't want to see anyone. The only reason I was okay with Ally and Meaghan was because they knew, and they didn't judge me and they wanted to help me.

When we got back to the mansion, Ally baked some apple pie and we watched some TV.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Ally asked after we ate, and it was quiet. I shook my head. "Maybe tomorrow," I told her.

Just then, Dinah, Normani, Louis, Liam, Zayn, and Harry walked in. No one else walked in after them.

"Y'all where are Lauren and Niall?" Ally asked. "The two of them went to his place," Normani replied, which made me frown.

"Mila, are you okay? You look like you're going to cry again," Dinah said. "You do, what's wrong?" Normani asked.

"Nothing, I'm fine. It's okay, really," I rushed. I really had to get my feelings in check. I certainly didn't want everyone to know what was wrong.

"Really, Mila? Are you sure?" Dinah asked as she sat down next to me. Normani joined us, too. "Yeah, just not feeling my best," I lied. Maybe I could stick to that.

"Exactly. That's why we came back to the mansion," Meaghan said. Ally nodded. I was so glad I had them as friends.

The five of us watched TV and had more apple pie. Dinner soon rolled around and we ate while we continued to watch TV.

Harry had told me that he wanted to talk to me after dinner privately. So, he took me to his room after dinner, we sat down together on his bed.

"Camila, what was wrong today? We were getting ready to record and I turned around for one second and when I turned back to you, you were running out of the room in tears," he said.

Unfortunately, I didn't want to lie to him. Of course, I felt bad about lying to anyone, but I didn't want what was wrong to go around. But I felt like I really should tell Harry. I wasn't going to tell him right away, though.

"Let's not talk about it. I'm okay now, I promise," I told him. Whether I was being honest or not really didn't matter.

Seeming not to notice it was a lie, Harry stroked my hair lightly. "I really care about you," he said. He then kissed my lips lightly.

"Are you ready to take it to the next step?" He asked after a moment. Normally, I would've been so excited. But then this thing couldn't get out of my mind, and I wasn't even sure of who I was anymore.

I nodded, anyhow. We began to do things that felt right, but in a way, so wrong, too. I let everything happen, though. It wasn't like we could just stop or anything. That would make both of us feel bad, and I really didn't want that.

But I didn't exactly enjoy myself that night, either. I was just curled up in a ball, silently crying to myself.

Things were going to change, and they were going to change very soon.

Perhaps, even though I knew this had to happen, I didn't want things to change. I was scared of what would come.

Morning rolled around soon enough. When Harry got up, I pretended that I was asleep.

"Good morning Camila," Harry said as he nudged me gently, "Are you ready for another day at the recording studio?"

What I wanted to say was no. That all I wanted to do was cry at this new truth about myself.

Obviously, I couldn't say that to him, but I did know one thing I had to do.

Even though maybe it wasn't the smartest thing to do, I had to brake up with Harry.