Hunted

Luna finished writing her note on the piece of college ruled paper. Her letters and words in script, beautifully written, and pen drawn silhouette of an owl that Ariana knew was the mark of Minerva. Luna made sure to keep all available signs on that letter so that Ariana would have no doubt as to what happened. She zipped up her book-bag, which contained some clothes, snacks, and $90. This was what she thought was necessary for about a week until she found a place to stay. Luna wanted to cry. Why had Aberbee decided to give her this curse? In fact how did Aberbee avoid becoming counsel leader and turn to becoming a high school teacher? Luna had all of these questions yet the answer to none. She opened the window to the dorm, looking out to the forest that laid in front of her. The sun was setting and the sky took a purple, yellow, and orange colour. She sighed. Where could she go? She couldn't return to her parent's house, that would put the Lumens in danger. No, she needed somewhere to go. Luna put on the book-bag and stood on the windowsill, looking down at the 7 stories of height that awaited her for escape. As she jumped from up high, a thick, long vine grew from the ground, meeting her halfway in the air. The vine wrapped itself around Luna and slowly brought her down to the ground. The vine unwrapped itself letting the witch be free. She took a deep breath and ran. Luna let her despair embody her running. In 5 minutes of full sprint she had reached the forest. Now she need to walk for an hour, make it to the interstate and finally hitchhike a ride. This is going to be stressful, she thought.
----------
"Incendo", shouted Ariana. An enormous ball of fire was launched from her hand and flew quickly to her male sparring partner. The whistling fire bolt slammed into the boy, flinging him back. "Nice job Ariana, I'll make sure we put you on kitchen duties", joked around Elijah, another boy that was her friend. Morgan came over. Ariana admired the sliver haired witch. Morgan was beautiful with blond-sliver hair and piercing grey eyes. Flawless skin followed, which was smooth and not completely white, but a nice light sandy tan. "Ariana I have some news for you, come with me", said the witch. She led Ariana to the benches of the gym on the sidelines and said, "After viewing your strengths, I've noticed that you don't need combat skills. Your divination and healing need some work but overall you're a powerful witch. I've come to an idea. I will only teach you the things you are weakest; your combat will be worked on here." she lifted a poster that said 'RECRUITING!! Join the Magic Mages today and get your trophy or medal today'. "You want me to join that?" Morgan nodded and responded, "There's a fight tonight at 10 and if you hurry up, you'll be able to join and fight on the same day." Ariana stared at the colourful poster and said, "Ehh, why not?"
----------
It had been the most excruciating hour of her life. Luna's feet had blistered and her sneakers were stained and scraped. Hopefully, she could rely on her face for a ride. As she came to the side of the intersection she put her thumb up and her leg out. Right now she didn't give a shit that she was setting women 50 years back, living and escaping were her priorities now. It seemed as if no car was going to stop, so Luna put her hand down and began to walk along the interstate in the direction of Salem. Around 10 minutes later an RV slowed down near her until it finally stopped. The door to the RV opened and out came a guy, around 20 or 21. "What's a beautiful girl like you doing walking at the side of a interstate", said the man. His voice was soft and very youthful, like hearing a 18 year old speak. His voice was not high pitch or too deep but on the perfect tone. There was a bit of raspiness that made his voice more laid back and cool. "Well I'm obviously going somewhere. I'm going to continue walking, I don't hitchhike a hot guy's car", Luna responded. He chuckled and asked,"A hot guy?" Luna looked at him with her piercing grey eyes. Ugh, I'm not in the mood for flirting and he's delaying me, she thought. "Come on I'll give you a ride up until Salem", he convinced. It was an extremely temping offer. "Fine, um, what was your name? I never got it", said Luna. "It's David. Yours?" "Luna." He entered the RV and then signalled for her to come up. He had such a friendly face. He had olive skin and light brown eyes. He looked Spanish or Hispanic, maybe Italian. Luna wasn't sure and didn't care, she was too tired to be investigating anyone. "If you want you can take a nap and I'll wake you up in Salem." Luna nodded and headed for the back where the bed was and threw herself on, falling asleep instantly.

Her eyes blinked open. The RV has stopped moving. Has David reached Salem and not told her? Luna stayed for a minute hoping that the RV would've been stopped at a red light, explaining its immobility. Nothing. Not even an inch of movement. She got up an went to the front. Empty. She opened the door to the RV and decided to step out. As she made her way out, an invisible force pushed her back in. "She's awake!" Some one must have seen her. "What do we do? Call David!" That horsefucker! He was a shady son of a cactus and Luna knew. How could she be so stupid!? She got near the door and decided to take down as many of those assholes as were available. From both hands she attempted to shoot lightning but all that happened was a spark and then nothing. Something was messing her up. She looked around the door and saw it. A stem of St. John's Wort taped to the side of the RV. This plant was used in medieval times against witches and was taught to every witch that had a formal teacher. She grabbed the plant, which stung in her hands and threw it to the ground. Her hands had burn marks. She crushed the plant with her shoes and ran out of the RV. A volley of arrows came at Luna. With magic she stopped them in mid-air and bursted them to flames. Luna continued running and headed to the dark forest. "Hey witch bitch come out", yelled a voice. Luna could hear them chasing after her, hunting her like an animal. Then she decided to do a smart,but terribly stupid thing. With magic she combusted a tree, erupting it to flames. The fire began to spread all over, causing a massive forest fire. Luna attempted escaping but found herself surrounded by the heat of the flames. Breathing became more difficult and she couldn't see, resulting in her passing out. As she laid there on the ground, it began to rain. The rain water around her gathered up and formed a bubble and barrier of water, protecting her from the fire. "LUNA!!!"