My Life, in Ruins -Chapter twenty-one-

“You’re going to love this place,” Ian said, opening the door to the restaurant he had wanted to bring me for the last couple of days.

I had been trying to summon up the courage all weekend to tell him that the results had come in but I was selfishly trying to hold onto this tiny bubble of happiness that I had been able to make since my return here. Ian was smiling and talking to me, and I was nodding like I was listening. The hostess brought us to our table and when she left Ian grabbed my hands and flashed me another smile.

“Are you okay?”

“Yea, I’m just kind of tired. We’ve been going all weekend.”

Friday we spent the day at the beach and I forced myself to have fun even though the thought of the thick envelope in my bag was in the back of my mind the whole day, and then Saturday Ian, Seth and I went to the State park and Sunday, Ian, Seth, Jasmine, Clay, the dogs -including Butch- Rylee, and I went to the local park with a picnic. 
Ian had been surprisingly civil to Clay, actually, this whole time he has been being a complete gentlemen and I was growing guiltier and guiltier. We made small talk and laughed and when our food came I found my hand was shaking too bad to even pick up my fork. Of course Ian noticed, he notices everything.

“Bree, what’s going on?” He motioned towards my hand.

“I--I…” I felt tears prick my eyes.

“Tell me what’s bothering you.” Ian begged, concern clear in his eyes.

“I’m so sorry,” I told him, looking down at my shaking hands.

“For what?” He asked.

I reached down into my purse and pulled out the unopened envelope, sliding it across the table to Ian. He knew what it was as soon as he looked at it.

“When did this come in?” I could see from the look on his face that he knew I had it for a while.

“Friday.” I admitted. “But I was too afraid to look at it.” I rushed, not wanting him to get angry.

I think Ian could see the panic in my face because he got up from his side of our booth and sat down next to me, making me slide over. He snaked one of his arms around my waist and grabbed my face with his other hand, making me look at him.

“Bree. I’ve told you once and I’ll tell you again, I don’t care what those results say. I’m not going anywhere, no matter what. I love you, and that’s not going to change.”

My heart raced and my stomach erupted into butterflies. Say it, say it. My mind urged but then Ian kissed my forehead, stood up and grabbed the envelope, shoving it in his jacket pocket.

“What are you doing?” I asked.

“We’ll have dinner and then look at it, no point in ruining a perfectly good meal.”

I smiled back at him and then we continued with our perfect date.

Ian, being the gentlemen he is, insisted on calling Clay and inviting him over for the revealing of the results. We cuddled on the couch until there was a knock on the door, light enough to not wake Seth up. Clay was well aware what time the baby went to sleep at.
I got up and opened it, and then ushered Clay inside.

“I had to ditch Kerrie to come and she’s already suspicious about what’s going on.”

“The results came.” Ian told Clay, “I thought you would want to see them.”

Clay’s blue eyes got wide and he hurried to the chair opposite of Ian on the couch. “What do they say?” He asked.

I sat down next to Ian and threw the envelope into the middle of the table. “We haven’t opened them yet.”

“Well why not?” Clay asked.

“We were waiting for you.” Ian told him.

We all stared at the envelope for a few minutes and then Clay reached forwards and grabbed it, breaking the seal. His hand reached in the envelope and pulled out the thick packet on the inside; I watched his face as he read over the results, looking for a reaction.
Suddenly, his blue eyes widened and then he looked up at Ian and me and back down at the papers.

“Well?” I asked, gripping the couch tightly. “What does it say?”

Clay stood up and placed the papers down on the table and then he walked over to Ian and slapped him on the back.

“Congrats man.” Was all he said before leaving the apartment.

I lunged forward and grabbed the results, speed reading until I saw what Clay had seen. Ian’s DNA matched Seth’s. Ian was Seth’s father. I looked over at Ian and threw the papers down and then jumped on him, crashing my lips to his. Ian’s arms wrapped around me tightly as he returned my kiss.

“I told you,” He whispered against my lips. “I told you everything was going to be okay.”
_________________________________

I bet fans are happy now (:
There was suppose to be only an epilogue after this but then I realized that there was a lot that I didn't close up (Bree and her father, Bree and her mother) so I'm going to write another chapter to go with the last one. Hope you guys enjoyed this one.