I Haven't Met the New Me Yet

Most people didn't notice the hooded woman walking beside Ashoka, keeping her head down. They didn't know that Padmé Amidala, the wife of their famous enemy, was in their secret, protected base. Ashoka planned to keep it that way, at least until she spoke to some colleagues that would back her up.

The two women stopped in front of a sealed door, Ashoka moving to punch in a code on the panel nearby. She gained access and ushered Padmé in, closing the door behind her.
"Ahsoka? Who is this?" A man asked. Padmé kept her head down, waiting for Ahsoka to respond.
"I need everyone to stay calm alright? We don't need this to be spread around the base before we work out how to approach it publicly," Ahsoka warned, standing beside Padmé.
"Of course," a woman spoke this time. Padmé fidgeted, recognising the two voices.

Ahsoka nudged her which signalled Padmé to lower her hood. She did so, revealing her messy curls as gasped rang out through the room. Padmé let out her own sound of surprise when she recognised the people in the room. Her friends. Her former fellow senators.

Bail Organa and Mon Mothma.

"Padmé?" Bail was the first to speak, looking at her in wonder.
Padmé only smiled, unsure of what to say to her old friends.
"I don't understand, you joined the empire. You went against everything we fought for." Mon didn't sound overly angry, more so confused.
"Padmé's been working with us from the start. Who do you think Obi Wan's informant was in the empire?" Ahsoka said. Bail smiled, coming over to hug his old friend.
"Of course, I knew you would never turn your back on democracy." He laughed. Padmé returned the embrace, happy to have some allies in this unfamiliar place.
"How's Breha? Is she here?"
"She's back on Alderann, someone had to oversee the rebuilding." Bail smiled sadly.
"Of course. I really had no idea about the bombing, I would have warned you if I had known." Padmé told them.
"We know Padmé," Ahsoka reassured her. The other two nodded.
Mon slowly came over to grasp Padmé's hands affectionately.
"I'm happy to see you Padmé. You will be a great help to us here." She said.
"How are you going to break this news to everyone?" Bail asked Ahsoka.
Ahsoka rubbed her chin, copying one of Obi Wan's common mannerisms.
"I'm not sure. I know that some people will be angry, but we can't risk it getting out before we tell anyone. That's why we came to you." She spoke much clearer then before, every bit the proud leader she had become. It made Padmé's heart swell with pride.
"First we need to get her new clothes," Bail suggested.
"Yes, the black makes you look far to pale." Mon agreed. Padmé didn't bother to tell them that she had spent the past few years on a base with little time in the sun.
"I am ready for some colour," she told them instead.
The door swished open again, causing everyone to jump. A man swiftly stepped in and shut the door behind him.
"And how exactly are you going to hide the fact that the queen of the empire is here?" He asked, not seeming overly surprised by her presence.

"Galen," Bail greeted the man. "Nice of you to join us."