Alternative Ending

Dedicated to @LouBelle77 because she wrote this, quite flawlessly might I add.

She won the One Shot Competition, which meant her One-Shot would be the Alternative Ending.. so here you are! Thank you for entering the competition, Lou!

Alternative Ending  

Bright rays of light were leaking through the windows waking me. The brightness surprised me making my eyes close in shock. After a few moments, I was able to blink open my eyes. I looked to my left and saw Roxy. She was curled up in the comforter, stealing it from me as usual. I couldn't help the smile that took over my face; some things never changed.

I carefully slid out of the bed and walked into the kitchen beginning to brew a kettle of tea. Once the water was boiling, I shuffled my way into Mary Margaret's room. This was by far my favorite place. The colors were calm and serene creating the perfect atmosphere for my little angel to sleep.

Gently peering into the crib, I saw my little girl sleeping soundly, her bear snuggled safely beneath her tiny arm. Her blonde curls were nestled messily around her making a bright, golden halo. Roxy thought her hair would eventually darken like mine, but I hoped it wouldn't. I wanted Mary Margaret to remain my blond angel forever.

I heard the whistling of the kettle and quickly left my daughter's room before the noise woke her up. She was not a morning person, nor was her mother. Back in the kitchen, I poured myself a cup of tea and grabbed the daily. This was my morning ritual, drinking tea while reading the daily in the garden.

Once I was seated on the bench that resided in the center of Roxy's garden, I took a sip of tea. The arouma of the poppies and lilies tickled my nose as a smile lifted the corners of my mouth. This was my safe haven; this was my home. It was away from all the fans, paps, and city. This was mine and Roxy's place to raise our daughter in peace. I could still remember surprising Roxy with our new home.

                                                                                         xxxxx

"Harry," she'd whined as we drove down the old, dusty road. "Where are you taking us?"

I looked at my wife beside me and smiled not answering her question. She let out a huff as she crossed her arms over her chest; I suppressed the urge to chuckle. Shaking my head, I looked in the rear view mirror at my daughter. She was nearly two years old now; it was amazing at how fast she'd grown. Her hair was long and curly, always shining golden in the sun. She looked up catching my green eyes with her own; she let a big smile take over her face. That smile was my world.

The road became bumpier and dustier; Roxy groaned beside me. Before I could slow down, I dipped down into a large crater in the road causing the vehicle to bounce up rather forcefully. Roxy clutched onto my arm as she squealed in fear. Mary Margaret was laughing loudly in the back.

"Harry, this is getting quite sketchy," Roxy glared. "Where are we going?"

"Just trust me, Roxy," I told her lacing our fingers together. "It's going to be fine, I swear."

Hold on, to me as we go

As we roll down this unfamiliar road

"The GPS looks odd," she commented.

"It looks like an ocean wave," I laughed seeing an uneven pattern fill the small screen.

"It goes on forever, Haz," she groaned pushing her head against the seat. "It's teasing me."

"Always dramatic," I laughed.

After a few more minutes, the building came into view. It's white façade shining bright against the green grass and wildflowers. I looked at Roxy to witness her peering at the place in facination. Feeling my gaze on her face, she glanced back at me.