20.) Clovis

1000 AD

~~~Lilith

This is so boring, this is so boring, I think to myself. I haven't met a decent man in thousands of years and to make matters worse, my daughter is a vampire, well not really too bad. I'm glad my daughter is a vampire, it makes worrying a lot easier. I knew I had to get more comfortable with being the monarch especially since I was only established a few years ago. I had so many vampires who saw me as their mother, the mother of vampires is what I'm called though I can't be bothered to think I'm a mother.

I don't know why they think I'm some kind of mother, hell I don't even know why they rely on me. I just turned them so that I could expand my people and now, look at me, a woman damn near immortal, taking care of other vampires. I couldn't see myself doing this before, but that was okay. As I make my way outside of the castle I had built, I see a father, the same homeless father that's always just outside of my castle's territory. 'Hello Miss Lilith, do you have any change to spare?'

I smile and say, "Anything for you, Terrance," 'Thank you and thank you for the name. It's been a while since I've had one, I forgot what my real name was years ago,' Terrance was a rather older gentleman, I couldn't tell you what was wrong with him but I could tell you that something quite traumatic happened to him. He still found himself being nice to others and he was taking care of a young boy, I couldn't tell you if that was the young boy's father but he had always taken care of him and he always made sure he ate.

Some of the servants fed them as much as they could when they had to, I appreciate what they do especially since I had a few nearby villages. The villagers were quite kind and they needed a lord. I took my time, checking out this village before I took it under my control. It was a good thing I did though, the village was hidden behind trees and was quite easy to blend in. That meant I could hide all of my people before raiders came.

It's then that I see a little boy run to my side, I look at the little boy and he says, 'Hi Queen Lilith. I...I...I...I'm giving you this flower,' As I look down and I receive the flower, I see those kind blue eyes focused on me, that kind round face looking at me and I see who he is, a gentle soul. It's then that he hands me a red rose, he says, 'This reminds me of you,' I look and I see a beautiful rose, perfect in all its being and in its bloom, a beautiful scent that came off of it wafted into my nose. It was beauty in the fact that it was dying, it was beautiful because this is how beauty is, bleak.

"Thank you, Clovis. I love the flower," I put it in my blouse and I kneel before him and kiss him on the cheek. It's then that the old man runs up and says, 'I'm sorry, my queen,' I smile and say, "No, I enjoyed it," As I walk to the village, I knew I enjoyed the idea of having the two men stand here and greet me every time. I wanted to offer them both a job but I didn't know if they had anything they could do or if they wanted to work. Maybe this was their pastime and they just visited here but it was not my concern.

I had to go and meet with another lord in this area, I've heard raiders have been attacking villages across the area. I refused for that to happen to this village. As I use my vampiric speed to cross into the next village, I allowed myself to use my vampiric speed just for a little bit, the village was only an hour's walk away but I wanted to surprise the lords by showing up early. I'm still in the process of working on a security detail because Orm says I shouldn't be walking around without one, Orm says I should maintain a security detail but really, I think I'm better off being by myself.

If people know how important I am, then they'll try to assassinate me but if they don't know, they'll just assume I'm a noblewoman. I might be an easy target for some of the impure but I'm not an easy target for anyone else or maybe I was overthinking it. As I get into the village, I see a lot of guards. So it was true, they were raided last night. They must be conducting the raids when the village is at its weakest. I'm going to be raided tonight, I can just feel it but I have to see why. I have to know why.