17.) A Harsh Truth

~~~Lucia

Sometimes, I wonder why was he so slow? My brother is so slow yet he could still keep up if he put his heart into it. Apollos thought too much when he fought, his head was in the clouds when he fought and I could tell. I've seen him fight and I've seen him almost die yet as soon as he takes his opponent seriously, he closes the gap almost instantly. Apollos can fight on the level of a 1,500-year-old vampire when he's fully enveloped in the battle. Lucian was strong himself. Whenever he went into his beserk state, he could fight for hours at a time but he could also fight on the level of a 4,000-year-old vampire.

Berserker-type vampires could drastically increase their speed, power, and stamina at the cost of their sanity. Lucian is one of the most dangerous berserker class vampires because he can control it. Apollos exhibited no Berserker abilities except when his skin turned pitch black. Usually, when that happens, Apollos no longer can access some of his other fighting abilities. On top of that, it seems as though his speed is way above his limit. Lucian confided in me a few months before Apollos turned into a vampire.

He said that 'Apollos was meant to kill Mother.' His development and combat styles are putting him on par with some strong vampires but nowhere near the level of the stronger vampires. Apollos shows the truth with his skills, he's an average vampire but his skills and his abilities put him a cut above the rest. He improves naturally yet he still shows more combat prowess. He can do more and I can tell. The fact that he has grown in strength, the fact that his Berserker state is different from other vampires, tells me that Apollos can do more. He is much stronger than they think he is. Apollos is at least a Class-S vampire in terms of strength but his strength wasn't also the most baffling thing.

His most baffling thing was the fact that Priscilla has climbed in strength, too. She went from an A-class to an S-class, it makes me wonder how powerful is Apollos and will he get stronger? Will we be able to stop him? He can easily strike down any enemy he chooses if he sets his heart out for it. As I clean my blade off, I remind Apollos that he must be faster. 'He would have taken your head and you would have been none the wiser,' The rapid bangs come at the door and I ready my double-edge sword. I favored a one-handed grip as opposed to everyone's two-handed grip, Apollos used the one-handed grip but focused on power strikes when he had to but he would be better off using a one-handed grip.

His Damascus blade was now a long sword, Apollo's blade had grown with him. No doubt due to that angel inside of it or other foreign powers. Foreign powers that are still not understood, he opposes such a high threat but he is still a nobleman. There is a Darkness inside of him though, a darkness that threatens to consume him. He fights it back with his sheer force of will. I know that fight all too well, a fight that is losing until you can't control that demon in you. You must recognize who it is it is you in the most unrestrained form. If you try to suppress that part of you, you will eventually be consumed. The only way to get past is to accept it.

Apollos accepted himself but not fully. I see how he looks at Anastasia and I see what she does for him but I also know if Apollos doesn't control his anger, he will eventually do something he regrets but that's not why I am here. I am here to help him master his blade work, I'll help him be a better warrior. He is a great warrior when it comes to fighting and guns but he needs to learn the chivalry behind it. Fighting battles is important but learning to honor your opponent is just as important. Apollos is strong but he is also very much a warrior there are so many things he could learn.

With one downward cleave, I have finished off my next opponent. Apollos had been using his shield with absolute perfection and he handled each battle perfectly. It was then that I saw something, more enemies trying to blow through the door, such nuisances. I ready my blade with one hand and the other in my pouch, I was tired of fighting them. It was time to wrap this up. I pulled out a whip and with one crack and a concussive blast, it hit one in the chest, causing him to instantly pop, shocking the other two as I closed in and decapitated them.