18.) A Desperate Hope

~~~Henrietta

I'm not letting them in, I'm not going to let them kill anymore people, that's what I tell myself but I know what might happen. I know what might happen because I feel myself suffering from anxiety on another level. If they get in, they're going to kill these three and they're going to make them suffer until they cause a psychic screen. Why would they want them to suffer? I ask myself this, Why would they want them to go through something so brutal?

'Because they know how many people are going to die if the Anti-Christ is born,' The Anti-Christ? I think to myself, it's then that I feel a fear in my body that I didn't think I would feel, as if I had felt this feeling before. Like I had already been there before. It's then that I hear a banging, Lucia was completely cut off from telling me everything. I allowed my mind to look to see how many people were in the castle yet I couldn't feel anyone. Psychic jammers, I think to myself. It wasn't the banging that cut my thoughts off, it was another psychic. It's then that I hear it, a screech of hell. What were they doing? I think to myself.

It's then that they broadcast the thought to everyone who was psychically connected. 'She gave you all pretty easily and now the werewolves are going to have their way with her,' 'You said you'd let me go,' she said. 'I lied. I'm a child of Lucifer plus I am letting you go. Right into the hands of my compatriots. You will know Lucifer's love very well,' It's then that I hear her screaming, the wolves begin to tear her apart, limb from limb. I then realize she was a vampire, that was the intention, and they want to break her.

I then see Marcus trying to push the thoughts out of his head but he starts to break down into a little ball. Ali is trying to stop himself from breaking down, these children have never cried blood-red tears. They've always cried like regular children. 'Please make them stop,' I hear Ali saying. It's then that I hear Claire say, 'I'm not afraid of you, you big bullies,' her voice quivering under the fear. "I won't let you take them," I say in my thoughts, I would die before all these children were killed, I would die before I let these monsters have their way with the children. I was calm, I was trying to be strong, and I knew there was nothing I could do. I would die, protecting them and I knew they would have their way.

No, I have to protect these children because I'm afraid doesn't mean God won't protect me. There is more banging at the door and I have a knife in my hand. I grip the knife and as they begin to attack, I plunge the knife into the first man that comes in, a vampire. Upon closer look at his clothing, I realize he was one of the clergymen who were here. It's then that he hugs me and says, 'They're everywhere,' It's then that I realized this wasn't a wooden stake, even if I hit his heart, he would heal.

'I thought you knew to pack a wooden stake,' he says with a smile, 'She's here,' The girl was right, "I'm not going to let you touch these children," I say with a snarl, 'Shut up, you pacifist,' He says as he smacks into a sinking kitchen. I fight the urge to blackout and I push him off with everything I have. I was 150 years old, and I know I'm stronger than him. As I push him back off of Claire, I see that Claire is using her telekinesis to push him back also. 'Leave Ms. Henrietta alone, you bully,' I see that Marcus and Ali both begin to use their telekinesis to get him out of the room. As we all do a final push, he's forced through the metal door and as he's forced through the door, I hear him saying, 'Damn you, you bitch!'

The metal doors around the church were made to protect humans and vampires. Vampires were strong but how strong were they against those kinds of doors especially with silver as the perfect base? More vampires begin to crowd the door as I hear multiple people banging vigorously on the door, I hear a werewolf howl. My eyes widened with horror, we never had to defend against a werewolf attack. Silver doesn't affect them as much as vampires. The doors begin to break and we use everything we can to keep them back. As the werewolves break down the doors, they howl again and they scamper off. The vampires still pushing at the door and I can see the blood leaving the children's noses, they were trying to keep this door shut.