10.) Observations Report

~~~Apollos

05/19/1953

This is something I did not expect, this place exists outside of all known Vampire laws. This place exists expressly outside of the Queen's laws. The only people who know of this place are in the United Nations and the European government. A place where vampires and humans live, I've taken the liberty of looking at all the crimes that have taken place here and all of the crimes related here were typically from feeding, and illegal turning but for the most part, they were peaceful. There wasn't even a homeless man on the street, the town drunk was a vampire but also a decent man as all he did was feed off of the blood donated to him.

Their festivals happen at night, they have night jobs. They have everything here, this place existed when the kingdom existed and the queen knew of this place for a long time so why didn't she bring me here? It's then that I grab a black marker and it's then that I go to blackout that information I wrote down. I would have to type this up officially when I get home, I didn't want to do that but now that I wrote my personal thoughts in here, I'm going to have to type it up and burn the original document.

End of Report: Day 1

I go to the town bar with Anastasia and Jordani, she would be down here for a few days before she went on a personal mission in Russia. I was defending this area for months and it was an important area to defend, this will be a founding area to defend. If all goes right we could reveal vampires to humans. I was curious as to what brought this one but I didn't waste my time, thinking about it. I knew Mother had a plan, 'You need to let work go, Apollos,' I hear Anastasia's soft voice in my ears, 'I'm going to go soon and you know how important it is for us to show us at that masquerade,' I think to myself, of course, it was important. We had to start sending out invitations, months in advance.

Anastasia visiting Russia wasn't just for her, it was for the wolves and an unknown benefactor of humanity. "You're right," I get up and kiss Anastasia and I begin to kiss her some more as I begin to hold her close to me. I allow myself to drift into sleep and we enjoy the night, holding each other.

Personal Report: Day 5

I see why everyone was so shaken up, it wasn't just because this place pissed off a few vampires, it was much worse. This was a place where World War 2 happened and it happened in the worse way possible, vampires fighting vampires, human casualties. Not only that, some of these vampires were turned against their will. These masters never came back, that would also explain a lot more information though it is a pending hypothesis. It's then that I begin to start my investigations further, my first thing is how did this battle started and how many laws were broken?

I doubt it's what the official report says, the investigations will also reveal more. Vampires didn't just start shooting up this village, something else had to have happened. I may have to look into World War 2, too, another unfortunate investigation but the truth must be found.

Personal Report: Day 6

Well, I didn't have to look far, that is for certain. A priest came to talk to me, he was holding his cross as he says some prayers in French and then he says to me: 'You are who I was waiting for, the son of God. An angel told me you would be coming years ago and here you are. As the angel predicted, a man of Black skin is here to help us who come from America. Son of Lilith too,' He knew who I was, I think of Zamiel for a moment and then I continue. She's the only one who could have done this but I didn't have time to call her and nitpick the details.

I grabbed a black marker and began to redact some of the information as I began to edit some the information. The queen only needed to know about Zamiel, she didn't need to know my involvement with her even though I'm already very heavily involved. The man knew who I was and knew to confront me. This was not good. I sit with him and we begin to talk, he smiles as he says, 'It is good to see you, protector of God's children,' I take a deep breath as I say, "I'm not a protector, sir. I am just a servant for the queen and the royal guard,"

"You say that. She did say you were humble and kind and would free us of this sin we've had to carry for years,' "Being a vampire isn't a sin, sir. It is more of a side step to evolution," He smiles, and then there's a faraway look in his eyes as he says, 'No, not that sin,' I'd like ot make a note that he begins to ask me a few more questions about God, I could not answer the man nor could I give a definitive way of how to look at things. 'You are here because myself and my fellow villagers have suffered an egregious war crime,' Yes, that is part of the investigation.

'Not only that but you are here because you must see what else they've done to our village, to our people. You must see why we are here and why we have never left,' At that moment, we got up and we made our way to the church. I make a note that this particular information is going to be disturbing. When we went down to the local church, we walked down to the basement. What they did was something that I couldn't even explain, there were vampire children all asleep. There were four little coffins and in those little coffins were two boys and two girls. All four children had many deformities, they were also all vampires. One of the girls was missing two legs, wore glasses and she was also missing an eye, but she had a bright and cheery smile on her face. It was as if she was seeing a human being for the first time in a long time. Her pale skin was beautiful and her one blue eye was innocent with a beautiful smile.

She smiled and said, 'You're finally here,' I was stunted but I saw how small she was and how she sat in a wheelchair, playing with her hair. 'My name is Claire,' It's then that I looked at the other girl next to her. She was missing all of her skin, she had a large smile on her face as she said: 'The man who called me the most beautiful girl in my dreams, he's finally here?' It was then apparent that she had no eyes, she couldn't see what happened to her but she had no lips and she had such a cheery voice. I said, "Yes, you are the most beautiful girl in the world, you're also very brave,"

Then the two boys, brothers from another mother, one looked like he had seen hell on his face. He had brown eyes and had a missing arm. He also had scars all over his small body. He then spoke in a soft voice, 'Will you make my dreams go away?' He was an Indian, he was from India. I have not seen an Indian this far out from their country before especially since World War 2. His steely brown eyes focused on me, he then says to me: 'Will you please stop them?' as tears begin to flow down his face. I look at the final boy and he walks toward me, he begins to hug me as he says, 'I knew you were real. The Black angel who has come to liberate us from this hell. I knew you were real, they all said I was lying but I knew you were real. I could never dream of someone as brave as you,'

"The world," I say simply, and then she pops up without even needing me to call her. As she says, 'They dreamed of you years before you came here, years before my influence. They have dreams of warriors and soldiers of light. Maybe that's why I failed to try to kill you all those times,' I look at her and say, "These children are tormented and suffering," Her response is "That's why I'm glad I ripped your sorrow out of you because no one wants to see a bleeding heart,' I get angry for a moment but I stop myself, what am I really going to gain from hitting a motherfucker who can negate the pain back at me? "So, what's wrong with them?" I say to her. 'I'm not telling you,' "You've told me everything before, why aren't you telling me now?" 'Why would I interfere in your personal tasks?' She was dripping in sassiness as she said that.

I sit there as I look at the children, they're all frozen in time and I realize there was another reason why. I go into their minds and I take my time, the first one I got into is the burnt girl's mind. As I look into her mind, I see her darkest memory, her skin being burnt up as she's been hit by White phosphorus, a smoke grenade and then I kept going into her dreams and I see dreams of me fighting vampires in my beserker state and then I see what they want me to do. I see something deep in them, 'Won't you set me free, Mr. Apollos?' and I see it now. All of these children, I have to snuff them out.

End of Chapter: Observation Report