Chapter 2

Michelle's POV

I got in my car and stuck the key in the ignition. I turned on the car and pulled out of the parking lot.

'Hey girl I'm waitin' on ya,

I waitin' on ya,

Come on and let me sneak you out,

And have a celebration,

A celebration,

The music up the windows down'

"Where is my phone?!" I mumbled knowing the familiar ring of my phone.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey Michelle, it's Mom. Are you almost home?" My mom said worried.

"Yeah mom. I'm almost home. I'm about... 10 minutes away." I said reassuringly.

"Okay Hun. Hurry up! We're waiting on you." She said.

"Alright. See you soon." I said then hanging up. I pulled onto the highway and found a traffic jam.

"What the heck?! There's never traffic jams!" You see, I live in a small town.. And a highway goes straight through our town. Almost never does anybody come through town, unless they are trying to get to the city that's about an hour away from here. Going through my town, it's cuts time in half.

I decided to pull out he new book I got from the store and started reading it. I opened it up and started looking through the pages once more, and found many pages were ripped out. Some pages had different types of handwriting, some had regular book print, and then some were blank. I hadalready seen the first page so I turned it over to find someone's writing on the next page.

'I was stuck in a traffic jam. Great. My only day off. I hopped out of the car to go towards the commotion. There had been a car wreck. I was frozen in my--"

*HONK HONK HONK*

I literally jumped in my seat. Somebody next to me was honking their car horn and yelling some colorful words towards the commotion ahead of me. I got out of the car and went towards the commotion. There was a car wreck.

"Oh.. My... Go--" I was interrupted by another car.

*HOOONK*

I practically ran back to my car and hopped in an kept reading the book.

'I was frozen in my tracks. I ran back to my car quickly to avoid seeing anymore of the accident. I found a back road off to the left side of the highway and took that."

I looked up from my book and looked to the left. Sure enough, there was a back road that was almost hidden from the highway.

I took the road and as I was driving down it, it ended. You either had to turn left or right. I turned right and made it out onto the east side of town. Perfect! I live on the east side of town. I turned on the radio.

'Well put on your best boys,

An I'll wear my pearls.'

The last part of 'If I Die Young' by The Band Perry came on. Man I love that song! After the song, a news reporter came on and said

'A head on collision happened on highway 40 about 10 minutes ago. There was 5 young boys injured in one car, along with the driver. They are being escorted to a nearby hospital. No names have been released for anyone in the wreck. Nobody in that car was badly injured. As for the other car.. There was a man and a woman with their 3 year old daughter in the back seat. All 3 died on impact."

I covered my mouth trying to stifle back a sob.

"That's so sad." I mumbled to myself.

I pulled up to my house to find my parents' car gone. I grab the groceries and my book and headed inside. There was a note. It said:

' Michelle,

Something came up.. We had to run some errands really fast. We might be gone for a while. Maybe even all night. We will explain more when we get home.

Love, Mom and Dad. xxx'

"I get the house to myself all night?! WOOOH! Party time! And by party, I mean watching movies and reading." Wow. Am I really that lame? I'm screaming like a lunatic and talking to myself.

Maybe I should call a friend over....

I picked up my home home and called my bestfriend.

*....ring.....ring...ri---*

"Hello?" My friend said.

"Hey Drew! It's Michelle. Wanna come over?"

Drew was a guy. Yes I know. My bestfriend is a guy. Hey, it's less drama at school! Plus we really connect!

"Yeah sure! Be over in 5. Bye!"

"Bye!" I said enthusiastically.

*********5 minutes later**********

*DING DONG*

I rushed over to the door. I opened it yelling "HEY DR-" I was cut off by somebody putting their hand over my mouth.

"Scream and I will kill you." Then I feel gun pointed at my head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OOOH! Cliffhanger! What happened?! WHERE'S DREW?! Who knows?! Oh wait, I do ;) anyways... Hope you liked it! :)

Audios Amgio!

Lol, I dot speak Spanish..