Chapter 1

*Michelle's POV*

"MICHELLE!" My mom yelled from down stairs.

"YEAH MOM?" I yelled back while walking down our long staircase. We lived in a 2 story house. I'm an only child which I never liked. I always wanted a sibling.

"Darling, Will you run to the market and get me some Eggs and Bacon for breakfast? We're almost out." She said looking up from cooking the last of the eggs we had.

What a great way to start the summer! I though to myself. Yeah, I just got out of junior year in high school.

"Yeah, can I have the keys?" I asked her.

"Here, and get 20$ out of my purse. Also when you get there, feel free to get something for yourself." Wooh hoo. I'll have like 10$ to spend on myself. Yay. Note the sarcasm.

"Be careful sweetie! Drive safe!" My mom yelled to me as I walked out the door.

I jump in the car and stick the key in the ignition. I start the car and turned the air conditioning on. "Stupid hot weather I muttered to myself. I turned the radio and One Thing comes on.

"Still waiting on the new album boys..." I mumbled to myself then chuckling. I started to sing along anyways. They did say the album comes out in 3 days, 7 hours, 15 minutes, and 30 seconds. Yes, I have been counting down.

"So, Get out,

Get out,

Get out of my head,

And fall into my arms instead,

I don't, I don't-don't, know what it is,

But I need that One Thing,

And you've got that One Thing!"

I finished singing the song as I turned the car off.

I was walking through the book section after getting the eggs and bacon. I was looking at all the books when one book stood out to me most. It's was all white. It had a lock and key on the front and that's it. There was no introduction on the back. I opened the book to the first page, and a note fell out on the floor. i picked it up and read it. It said: WARNING: This book can change your fate.

"What?" I mumbled reading the note over and over. I started walking around to all the other book sections and couldn't find a single book the same as the white one with the lock and key.

"Alright, this is too weird.." I said shocked, looking the book over again.

There was no price sticker, so I decided to take it up to the front with me when I went to pay.

I went up to the counter and put the eggs and bacon on the counter. I also held the book in my hand.

"Uhm, excuse me, sir?" I said nervously.

'Why am I nervous?' I was thinking to myself.

"Yes, ma'am?" He said politely.

"I found this book.. And there's no price on it." I said handing him the book. He examined it for a minute and his eyes almost popped out of his head.

"How did you find this book?" He said to me nervously.

"Oh, I just found it in the back of a bookshelf. It was sticking out and I saw it." I said glancing up at him playing with the sleeve of my long-sleeved shirt.

" Just take it. For free. You can have it!" He said, practically throwing it in my hands.

"Oh are yo-" I was cut off by him.

"Yes! Yes, go ahead. Just take it with you!" He sounded so frantic..

"Oh, I have another question." I said.

"What's your name?" I asked him.

"It's Carlos." He said looking at me.

Carlos POV:

"It's Carlos." I said look up at her.

"Okay Carlos. How come you seem so nervous about this book?" She asked me lifting one of her eyebrows.

"N-no r-reason.. Why?" I said stuttering.

Smooth Carlos.

"Whatever.." She said not buying it.

"Oh yeah! I found this in the book.." She said handing me a slip of paper.

Oh.

My.

God.

"I think somebody left it in this book.." She said trailing off.

"Just keep it, you'll need it for the book." I said giving her back the slip of paper.

She looked at me strangely.

"Uh, okay." She said and turned around walking off.

"Oh my god." I said running my hand through my hair, frustrated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*A/N* Okay, so this is my new book :) I wrote it on my phone so there's no bold or Italics. Sorry!

Hope you enjoyed :)