Chapter 6: Another Loss

Third Person Pov:

"When someone passes, you now have an angel you know by name

"When someone passes, you now have an angel you know by name."

~~~~~~~~

"Come on... You got this... Push through... It hurts but when doesn't it... You're use to this... You will make it... You have to..."

The brown girl, stumbling, is now using her sword as a crane to support herself herself in every step. Although, it wasn't easy. Her vision's starting to give out, and any energy she had left in her, is being drained out from trying to keep balanced.

Her footsteps drag against the dirt and grass, echoing throughout the forest. All the meanwhile, the brown girl's mind is in the middle of a war, with her subconscious weeping in order to make up for for the inability to express it in her physical state. Leaving trails of blood that almost formed a shallow river, her body's covered in blood, making her an easy target for a hungry demon to snatch. But none of it crosses her mind, it can't anyways. All she can do is keep walking, try her best to make it back to who knows where.

She has been walking through the hollow forest for a while now, seeing as the moon's position has changed. The sun will be up in the next hour or so. All she has to do is make until then. She's survived this long, what's one more hour? Yes, she's loosing conscious with each step, but she can make it to sunrise, right?

The only thing she can do is hope, not that she's ever been good at that, but she has to. Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all darkness. All she's ever seen is darkness but she's hoping this one time- just this one time- maybe they'll be a little light. Where there is hope, there's life, right?

Right?

Meanwhile,

The Flame Hashira and Uppermoon Three, Akaza are battling it out. Rengoku has a smashed left eye, shattered ribs, and damaged internal organs. He's heavily exhausted, it's clear to see from his breathy pants.

While this is going on, Tanjirou, Inosuke, and Zenitsu can do nothing but watch. Tanjirou being too injured to even move. Earlier, the Flame Hashira ordered them to stay where they are and not join the fight. They have no choice but to obey, the Hashira and Uppermoon's movements being too hard for them to see. If any of them were to jump it, seeing if they could find an opening, they'd surely die.

"Why, Kyojuro?"

"Because..." Rengoku's aura intensifies, perfect for Y/n to detect. He wields his sword in a stance as he smiles. "I will see my duty fulfilled! No one shall die here! Not on my watch!" And with that, his aura intensifies even more as his smile disappears.

The Uppermoon stares at Rengoku in utter shock. "Such tremendous fighting spirt! Despite all those injuries, you're full of spirt and determination! And that ironclad stance!" He laughs as he gets hype. "You have to become a demon, Kyojuro! Let's fight each other for all eternity!