useless

'YOU ARE WASTING ALL OF YOUR POTENTIAL! I gave you so much, the perfect quirk, training, EVERYTHING. Why do you have to be so useless.'

And he couldn't get those words out of his head.

With a pounding headache due to crying and almost no sleep at all from the night before, shoto slowly made his way to class on monday morning.

It was weird to say the least. Not that Shoto spoke much regularly but he usually wasn't completely silent. Especially with his friends.

So yeah, something was definitely up.

Later that night, shoto returned to the dorms. His other classmates were already there and were just discussing his odd behavior when he came in.

Shoto just wanted to get a shower and retreat to the peace and quiet of his room, but obviously, that plan was intercepted.

'Icy-hot! Get over here!'

And he couldn't say no, he didn't have an excuse anyways.

The atmosphere in the common room was eerily quiet. Shoto was lowkey dreading what this could have been about.

'Is there anything wrong todoroki-kun? You've been really quiet today.'

And there it was.

The question he himself didn't even have the answer to.

Yes, he has learned to stop caring what his dad said to him at this point. After all he despises the dude and realized that his opinion really shouldn't matter considering how crappy of a guy he is.

But Shoto couldn't help but think he was right.

All the negative things, all the criticism on having to be perfect and 'grateful' for all that he was given. It made sense, somehow, but on the other hand, it felt so wrong.

If his life has been as great as he was told it was, why was he not happy at all?

He got into UA, he has friends now, his teachers were awesome.

Why was he still so... lost?

'...todobro, TODOROKI!'

he flinched as he was brought back to reality.

'Are you okay? You just zoned out I think.' Jirou said.

'Yes. I'm fine. I'm just.. confused.'

'What are you confused about todoroki?' Asked deku, 'maybe we can help you figure it out?'

He thought about it for a while. How would he even ask this?

'...'

They were patient with him, and he was thankful for that.

'..what do I do?'

'Huh?'

Was heard throughout the room.

Yeah that was a little confusing.

'I mean, what do I do for this class? I want to know why... why I'm alive.'

The room fell silent.

'Like.. my purpose. I don't think I know anymore.'

Oh.

'Well, you don't have to have a purpose.'

Really?

'It's a very brave and hard thing to do just to stay alive. Why question it? Do you really need a reason other than the fact that you haven't died yet?'

That's a fair point, thanks kirishima.

'Why the fuck would you think about that when you can spend the time training?! Or I don't know- doing literally anything else? Just do whatever comes up and keep going. That's all life is anyway.'

I guess he's not wrong.

'Okay.. thank you. I will take this into consideration.'

'No problem! Just know, you can always come to us if you need help!'

So maybe he wasn't as useless as he thought after all.

A/N
okay yall, I'm so sorry I've been gone for so long. School started and I've been really busy. I'm in an advanced program so..😭 lots of work. I'm also running out of ideas and inspiration so please comment any ideas you guys have. Im not gonna lie my mental health and motivation has also been something I'm struggling with. But I will try my best to write any requests you guys have. I really want to, so don't feel like you're bothering me in anyway by asking. Thank you for your patience and support
°˖()◜✧˖°