bottled in

(Inspired by the song 'boys feel sad too', I would recommend listening to it if you dont know it but you probably wont-)

Sweat dripped down shoto's chin as he grips the wall to help maintain his balance while he walked out of the training room.

As much as he wished that he was at school, he was not. In fact he was in the one place where all his nightmares took place, the building he was meant to call home. Now nothing but a place filled with bad memories.

He stumbled into the bathroom and locks the door behind him as he leans all his weight onto it. His legs gave out, but at least he was alone, where no one could tell him that he looked weak.

His own reflection in the mirror was one that he could hardly recognize. The scar against his pale skin that stuck out like a sore thumb, the mess of white and red hair on his head, the blank look in his eyes. They all felt foreign, almost like it wasn't him at all. Like it was all a lie. But then again, when was the last time he was really honest? To his friends and family?

To himself?

He got in the shower with the water running cold, letting it slightly sooth his sore muscles. Yet you couldn't tell he was in pain. Not a single wince or look of sadness on his face. Just empty.

Soon shoto returned to the dorms in UA, his one escape. One could argue that he was still working hard there, it wasn't like he was ever getting a real break. And even there, he had to suppress some of his true thoughts and feelings. But it was better than getting yelled at and hit in shoto's book. Besides, he wouldn't know what to do with all that extra time if he wasn't training. At least he got to do that with friends here.

As he rounded the corner to the entrance of the dorms, shoji and ojiro stepped out. They noticed him right away and greeted him. Shoto bowed in response before trying to get through to the door. He was however, unsuccessful when shoji stopped him with a hand on his shoulder.

"Todoroki-kun, you're bleeding through your uniform."

Shoto looked down in surprise and sure enough, there was a small area stained red on the fabric around his arm.

"It's fine. I'll patch it up when I get inside." He replied.

He wasn't even sure where he was bleeding from.

His attempt to get out of shoji's grasp failed as the other held him in place. As he struggled more, ojiro also wrapped his tail around his leg to prevent him from moving.

Now they weren't exactly super close, but they have many similarities. They were all very polite and respectful, and most of the girls came to them for protection from mineta. They all wanted to prove themselves worthy as heroes. So it was only natural that they had large amounts of respect for each other.

Ojiro and shoji have also heard things about shoto's family life, being some of the 'less relevant' classmates, they hear a lot more. And Shoto was always very acknowledging of them. He treated them as equals, even though there was an obvious difference in skill levels. (I say this because I personally think if shoto was to go all out, it would make sense that he is most skilled out of everyone in school. Bc he's been training since he was so young and by an actual pro.)

Eventually, shoto stopped moving as he realized that they weren't going to let him go. It made sense. They were just returning to school from a weekend home and it was 10 AM. Where could he have possibly gotten those injuries?

Having such a powerful quirk, meant that Shoto was often on the frontlines of their fights. Everyone knew this. So it wasn't a big surprise whenever he was injured. Even if it was in school, it could have simply been a bad argument with bakugou, or a training accident.