Kettle

Nobody knew. And he wanted to keep it that way. But he learned early that nothing ever goes his way.

"Class dismissed."

As most of the students got ready to go back to the dorms, todoroki recieved a text from his father.

It read, "Shoto, come home this weekend. We have serious matters to discuss."

He knew what was about to happen this weekend, and he was dreading it.

Later in the dorms, everyone were either chilling on their phones, doing homework, or just hanging out. Todoroki sat on the couch, watching silently. He realized once again how lucky he was to have made it into UA. He was going to anyway because of Endeavor, but he knew he worked hard. His classmates frequently reminded him of that. And for that he was grateful.

Suddenly, an ear piercing whistle rang through the common room.

Shoto couldn't think, couldn't see, couldn't breath. His vision started blurring up with tears as flashes of his traumatic experience invaded his mind.

His classmates noticed as his breathes quickened. They started slightly panicking as well at their friend's state. Some of them tried to hug him, reach out to him, anything to calm down the distressed boy, only to frown when rewarded with a violent flinch.

"What the fuck?! Dammit icy hot! Snap out of it!"

"Todoroki, what's wrong? How can we help you?"

"Someone go get rid of the kettle! Todoroki has trauma from boiling water!"
Deku shouted at nobody in particular.

The yelling wasn't helping though. They meant well of course, but all Shoto really needed was to leave. To get away from that terrible noise. His hands grabbed at his uniform, moving up towards his dual coloured hair. He pulled and tugged at his straight locks, ruffling them and hurting his sculpt slightly.

Bakugou had enough. He ran out of the room to find an unattended kettle. Seriously, whose idea was it to leave that alone? The blond swiftly snatched the kettle off the stove and turned it off. He left the the kettle on the counter and left to check on Todoroki.

I knew he had problems, but not like that.

He huffed as he came back to the couch where he last saw the others.

Todoroki had tears tracked down his mochi cheeks. He was asleep, or passed out. The room was a rare silent, all watching the boy sleep. They could see his eye bags clearer now, exhaustion written all over this face. They all decided to leave him to his well deserved rest.

The next morning, shoto's eyes fluttered open to the white ceiling of the common room. He yawned and rubbed his eyes, sore from crying, as he sat up. He looked around and his eyes started watering up again as he saw most of his classmates sprawled out on the floor around him.

The rest of the day they spent hanging out, not a single person asking about the night before. Shoto was grateful for that. He wouldn't be able to keep his tears in, and he really didn't want to cry again.

Yeah, maybe he forgot about his father's text. Yeah, he was angry the next day. But Shoto regretted nothing. It brought them all closer.