freezing cold (kiritodo)

His breath came out in short, white puffs in the cold air. The right side of his body was covered in frost. The world spun as the freezing temperature slowed down his movements.

He limped over to his boyfriend, eijiro, before passing out.

Said boyfriend groaned as he woke up, rubbing behind his head. The villain they were fighting had bashed him around, he must have hit his head or something. He pushed himself up into a sitting position when he noticed the cold he felt on one side of his body. He looked over and on the ground next to him, was his dual haired boyfriend.

Shoto's breathing was slow and shallow. It made eijiro anxious. He shook his boyfriend's shoulder, calling his name, hoping he would wake up. The younger did not to his disappointment. Eijiro ignored the ache all over his body and picked up his boyfriend, who was surprisingly light. He would have to remind him to eat more often again, and to stop training so much.

He carried Shoto bridal style at first, then opted to put him on his back half way back to camp.

Eijiro reviewed his memories. They had come to the camp site to train, of course. But nothing ever seems to go calmly for class 1-A, and they'd been attacked again. This time they were driven out of their cabin. Rocks flew into the roof of the cabin, waking the inhabitants inside. They all fled to avoid getting struck by the attacks. Him and Shoto ran, not looking back. Their only priority at the moment was each other. Their classmates could handle themselves, and they had ran off too. They came to stop at the base of a cliff. Thinking that they were safe to catch a breath when a villain ambushed them. It was a different one this time. The villain could mess with their quirks, only one at a time though. He was messing wih eijiro first, his quirk activating suddenly and deactivating the next. Shoto saw and ran towards the villain. His goal was probably to make a distraction or something but the villain changed targets. Ice covered the ground and kiri struggled to avoid getting hit. Then fire, then ice again. He was already worn out before, but now he was really tired and he lost his focus. Fire shot at him just as Shoto shouted for him to get out of the way. He jumped and nearly dodged the flames. But he didn't notice a clump of ice behind him and hit his head. He must have passes out because he didn't recall anything after that.

Kirishima snapped out of his thoughts as he arrived back at the cabin. The cabin in rubble.

There's only one place where we can go. If all the cabins are destroyed, we have to go back to the main building.

He shifted Shoto on his back and ran towards the building. Once he was there, he was met with most of his classmates and teachers. Kaminari and tokoyami noticed them first and yelled to greet him, stopping when they saw the unconscious boy on kiri's back. Their classmates soon saw them too and rushed over to help with their injuries. Iida ran off to find Aizawa who was apparently inside the building checking on the injured.

With the help of his friends, kiri put Shoto down resting on a large rock. Everyone swarmed over the both of them, fussing about their injuries. Bakugou yelled at kirishima for letting his guard down, and 'running all this way with icy hot even though he was injured too'. Momo made a thick blanket to wrap around todoroki, in attempt to keep him warm.

Kaminari ran out with Aizawa behind him. The teacher ran over to inspect his student. He lifted up the blanket slightly and activated his quirk to erase Todoroki's. His skin stopped freezing over but majority of the ice was still there. Shoto shuddered as he wasn't as used to the cold without his quirk actively regulating his body temperature. Aizawa picked Shoto up in the blanket and carried him into the building.

Kirishima was about to follow after their teacher when he was bombarded with questions. All his classmates asking what happened.

"Kirishima, come. You're injured too."

That was all it took for his classmates to quiet down. He left behind his teacher, whispering to his classmates, 'I'll tell you guys later.'

Later, was the next day. They were in the small infirmary of the building, getting patched up, and kiri fell asleep. It might have been the exhaustion of having his quirk messed with and still carrying his boyfriend back.

When eijiro woke up. He was back at school, in their own infirmary, being tended to by recovery girl. She scolded him for his 'recklessness' and said he should have 'not let his feelings control his actions'. He couldn't help it, and neither could todoroki when he decided to try to take the villain head on. Of course they didn't have a plan at the time, but that didn't matter. All that mattered to them was getting the other out of harm's way.

Kirishima was disappointed and worried when he saw that Shoto wasn't awake yet. There he laid, on the hospital bed next to him, still fast asleep. The ice was gone by now, and he looked completely peaceful and in eijiro's eyes, perfect as always. He almost got lost in thought thinking about how lucky he was to have todoroki, when the dekusquad and a few of the girls came in.

They stopped their small talk right away when they saw kirishima. They all rushed over to his bed side.

"Are you okay?"

"How do you feel?"

"Now can you tell us what happened?"

He quickly explained to them the circumstances of their injuries and how they got them. Afterwards, deku and momo helped him up to walk over to Todoroki's bed side. He sat down and held his boyfriend's hand. It was still slightly cold.

"Recovery girl healed up your injuries. She said you guys were out because of the strain on your bodies from the villain and his quirk. Todoroki-kun seems to be in a hibernation. He went into it when his body tried to get used to the temperature."

Momo explained. It didn't really make eijiro feel anymore at ease though. At the very least, he was thankful to know that the younger was fine.

Todoroki was asleep for the rest of that day, and woke up half way through the day after. It was noon and recovery girl was doing a final check up on his vitals before she sent him out. She was just packing up when kirishima walked in.

He stopped in his tracks.

"Sho..?"

"Hey eiji."

Kiri ran over to envelop Shoto in a warm embrace. His eyes teared up a little. They were tears of relief that his love was okay.

And after that.. recovery girl scolded them both. Again.