Chapter 11

Agony

“Where the hell on earth Takemichi is?” you worriedly sat down on the couch, as Takemichi was nowhere to be found.

When you contacted Chifuyu he is also not answering it.

You took a stand after realizing something, could it be that they’re battling with other gang right now, but where?

You head outside to look for them, hoping they’re alright.

What about Mikey, is he alright?

You shake your head, dismissing your thought about him.

I should be thinking Takemichi first.

You strolled around, looking for abandoned areas where they might be right now. Just looking for them took you a couple of hours.

You regained your energy by squatting on the ground, almost giving up. You couldn't find them.

You lifted your head, after hearing siren of the Police car. You followed the police car, thinking they were heading where Takemichi could possibly be as you assumed they have gang fight.

As you were following it, you get a call from Takemichi, which you are grateful for as he finally calls you, and you immediately answer it.

“Where the hell are you?” you asked over the phone, raising your voice.

“B-Baji-san…is dead.” Your jaw drop, shocked after hearing the news from Takemichi about what really happened.

Baji? You mean the guy, that Chifuyu had talk to with before?

You hurriedly head towards the hospital, of where Takemichi tells you. When you came, you saw Chifuyu was sitting on the floor, crying, and Takemichi was there beside him.

“Chifuyu...” You approached them, sympathizing with their situation.

You hug Chifuyu for a comfort. You are worried looking at them, as they look so beaten up.

His grip on you tightens as he cried out loud. He was in great pain after losing a close friend. You silently rubbed his back with your hand.

Is there a conflict, why Baji died? It was too sudden.

You couldn’t believe on what had happened, and you couldn’t understand how they could kill when they were merely a bunch of high school students.

“Takemichi, where’s Mikey?” you asked, knowing that he is in even more pain as a result of Baji’s death.

“I…I don’t know…” he replied causing you to sigh.

After a while of staying in the hospital and with the lose, you all leave with agony. You watched their back as they leave. Takemichi helping Chifuyu to get home, after the damage he went through.

Right now, I need to find Mikey.

You walk alone in the dark heading on your way home because after hours of looking you couldn’t find Mikey. Everyone in the gang didn’t know as you tried asking them.

You sighed, climbing up the stairs, thinking about how bad the day has been. You paused when you saw a figure of man, seated on the floor, facing your apartment’s door. You slowly walked, taking a closer look at the person.

“Mikey?” you asked confusedly, as you finally recognized who it was. “Darling.” He greeted you, giving you a warm smile.

“What are you doing here? I’ve been looking for you.” You uttered trying to help him to stand.

He look at you surprised, “You’ve been looking for me?” he asked, as you nodded in response.

You wrap his hand around your shoulder for support as he tries to walk, despite the fact that he appears so battered.

“It’s cold here, let’s go inside.” You said, and he responded only with a nod. As soon as you entered, you turned on all of the lights and assisted him in taking a seat.

You were startled when he winced in pain, worried if you hurt him.

You get a first-aid kit from your room and sit next to him, tending to all of his wounds and bruises.

“I heard about what happened to Baji, I’m sorry,” you say, breaking the silence.

As you put bandages to the cuts he had on face, he shook his head and looked at you. It’s just a small cut but it made you to feel so worry.

“You don’t have to worry about it.”He then said, still looking at you, as you were concentrating on treating him.

“Did you just get yourself tired looking for me?” he asked prompting you to nod and replied, “Of course, I was worried.”

He abruptly halted your hand, making you to startle and turn to face him.

He looks at you straight in the eye. “You were worried about me?” he asked, as if he couldn’t believe. What’s the big deal?

“Yeah, I was worried about you all.” You said, you gasped out in surprise when he suddenly pulled you, wrapping his arms around you.

“Hey, Mikey.” You tried to push him, forcing him to let go but you were stopped when he uttered, “Let me sleep here, Darling.”

“W-What?!” you exclaimed as he finally freed you. He smiled, feeling contented and happy.

“I am happy that you worry about me, I want to sleep here with you.” you just stared at him, not knowing on what he was thinking.

“I-I’ll cook for dinner.” You uttered, as you get nervous on what he had just said, in addition Takemichi hadn’t arrived yet.

You were in the kitchen, cooking, leaving Mikey there sitting alone.  God, Mikey sometimes scare the hell out of me.

“Wow, it smells so good,” He commented, when he made his way to the kitchen making you almost jump in surprise.

He took a seat, rested his hands on the table, as you serve the food you cooked. He look so happy, staring at the food you cooked.

As you two started to eat, the unease you felt is unbearable, he keep staring at you as you two eat. When you turn to look at him, he is just giving you a warm smile and that’s it.

After dinner, you wash first the dishes, as Mikey silently heading towards your room. You wonder what he’s doing inside your room.

As it worry you, afraid he might see something embarrassing so you finished washing the dishes in an instant.

You slowly open the door of your room, only to find Mikey lying on your bed, sleeping peacefully.

You sigh, knowing he’d already fallen asleep. The question is, where will you sleep tonight?

“Darling, why are you just standing there? Get yourself here beside me.”

You were startled as he speaks still his eyes closed; you thought he was already asleep.

You hesitated at first but you got no choice, he should be sleeping in Takemichi’s room, why here in my bed?

You lie beside him, creating a distance just few steps away from him, and covered yourself with a comforter.

He notices you're discomfort and grabs your waist, pulling you closer to him. He wants you to feel save with him.

“Mikey!” you exclaimed, as you were taken aback, pushing him away. He stopped your troubling hands.

“What are you doing, were just going to sleep, what exactly you had in mind?”

You froze hearing his statement, causing you to felt embarrassed. You faced the ceiling, only regretting everything.

Right, were just going to sleep, what the hell am I thinking?