╰☆☆ 1 ☆☆╮

(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ There WILL be typos, i don't usually go back and edit chapters. If you see a mistake. No you didn't. ♥

My head shook vigorously as i looked over the picture of the man on my cracked ipod screen.

Me: I don't know... i mean look at him he looks like he could crush 3 school busses.

i said shoving the phone in my friends face....well she wasn't really my friend but the closest thing i had to one.

My name was jasmine. Of course i have a last name but i never really went by it for reasons. Just jasmine is fine.  I didn't have any family or anything like that... I grew up in an orphanage and was pretty much kicked out once i hit 18. Life's  been hard since. Many failed jobs and stuff like that.

it's amazing i was able to survive three years on my own..well not really alone. Crystal my frie- well... acquaintance has been with me most of the time. Our stories a bit different. She was more of a trouble teen. A huge rebel if you will. She kicked out by her parents at 19 and we've been around each other since... living off the streets staying in random hotels. doing odd jobs just to get us enough money to get by. 

Her company was nice but i couldn't say I'd be friends with her outside of our circumstances. some nights she'd leave me to fend for myself or she would randomly disappear for days. Once i hadn't heard from her for a whole week. She would scratch together money for dollar store makeup and steal clothes to get all dolled up and into clubs... some random guy of the night would take her home and she'd leach off him for a while until he sent her to the curb

thats always when she would come back... me however. i never left without at least trying to tell her where i was or when i'd be back and most times when i was able to scrap money together for food, i wouldn't get any if i couldn't buy some for the both of us.

We sat in a corner table at the back of star bucks. I used the free wifi on my ipod to search up the guy she said would be our ticket out of this life.

Crystal: Don't worry he'd never hurt a fly, plus he has so much money he wouldn't know we even took any

i sighed locking the phone putting it on the table..playing with the sleeve of my dirty hoodie.

Me: and you said this would be the last time we'd have to steal? it'll be enough to get us situated until we find nice paying jobs??

she nodded playing with her fresh nails i'm sure she had some random guy pay for her to get them done.

a part of me resented her... she was always so carefree and never seemed to worry or dwell on matters... which amazed me since our living situation was horrible. But that never seemed to effect her.. it was almost as if she was too good at using and mooching off of others.

I wonder what type of people her parents are...

i frowned shaking my head from my thoughts.

Me: where did you even hear about this guy anyway?? I've lived in this city almost my whole life and never heard of him.

Crystal: yeah well you've also been a nobody your whole life too jas, i hadn't even heard of your orphanage until i met you.

i sighed looking down at my beat up shell toe adidas. it was located just outside of the city and wasn't pretty to the eye. Very poorly ran facility and anyone could tell it was only holding up due to government assistance.

i rolled my eyes slightly.. it always bothered me how she some how managed to bring it up in every conversation we had.

Me: thats besides the point... we've been at this same lifestyle for years and not once did you ever mention this guy or his fortune.

she yawned stretching before laying her head down on the table.

Crystal: I was at the club last night and heard so many people talking about it. Apparently he's gonna be there tomorrow... he's throwing a birthday bash for himself.....They say he's really loaded and has many businesses all around the city. All we have to do is pick a few to hit tomorrow night while his party is being hosted and we're good.

I nodded some sitting back in my chair as i played with the strings of my hoodie.

i looked across from me as i watched crystal pull a scrambled piece of paper out from her pocket sliding it across the table while her head remained down and eyes stayed closed.

Crystal: i looked up some of the locations... here. These are some of his establishments that are within walking distance of each other. You can see the layout if you do a 360 view in maps. I figured you'd decide where to go to first and how to get in since you're always so good with those things.

i reached over taking the paper from her hand. Crystal was a total cluts and often ruined things with her clumsiness. Theres some things i just can't do alone. But i would if i could when she's the only partner i have.

I slid the paper into my pocket after reading over the names and addresses of the place. i stared out of the window besides us.

Well... i hope all guys well. Hopefully this is the last time I'll have to do something like this.

Vote| Please comment and share your thoughts ❤❤❤