Part 9: Even more training

Soon, the tension resolved during the warm up.
"Okay, done", Loki says and blows a strand of his hair out of his face. He steps back into the middle of Gym 2 and puts his arms at his sides. "Now, any ideas on how to fight the monsters?"
I pant and rest my hands on my knees, then I too get back to the middle. I am still not used to this muscle training.
Loki raises a brow and smirks. "Exhausted?"
I scowl at him. "By your smugness? Yes."
He snickers. "There is no version of me without it, you have to get used to that. It's virtually in the package of spending time with me. Now, what's your plan with the monsters?"
"I don't really have a specific plan", I admit. "But I think my magic net worked pretty well with them. Maybe we could trap them in it. Oh, and the monsters seemed attracted to sound and light, like when our powers met all of them turned to us. We could use that for a distraction."
Loki looks at me approvingly. "That is actually quite smart of you. I had similiar thoughts." And before I can get proud of that compliment, he adds: "Wouldn't have thought you would conceive of that."
I incline my head and screw up my eyes.
He manages to keep a straight face for a moment, then his trickster-smirk shines through. "Sorry, just provoking you for fun."
I cross my arms. "At least you say sorry by now."
"Oh, force of habit. I don't really mean it."
I shoot a little yellow magic blast at him which he deflects with a wave of his hand.
"Hm", he says with false concern, I can see the amused sparkle in his eyes. "Maybe if you want to hit me you have to try again."
I sigh and can't help to smirk too.
"Giving up? Even better. Now, the monsters." Loki starts to walk around while he talks. "You are right about that light and sound thing. I had some thoughts about different magic powers clashing ..."
He continues to lecture me, and throughout the onesided conversation I think sentences varying between 'Wow, that is really interesting' and 'How is he not getting hot in that leather outfit?'
Eventually, he finishes and leaves to get Thor. The gist of what he was saying is that it can have different reactions to the clashing of the magic of different people. So Loki's and my magic makes a loud noise, and now we want to test what it does when Thor's and mine meet.
Nervously I wait in the empty gym, and soon Loki comes back with an exhausted looking Thor. His hair looks like it had a fight with a vacuum cleaner and his right cheek seems swollen. But apart from that he seems okay.
"So we are going to test what happens if our powers meet, right?", he asks with his booming voice. "Alright then." Thor stretches out his arm.
"Stop! Give us a moment. For the gods sake", Loki says.
I watch the two Asgardians standing in front of me, actually looking intimidating with their full battle armour. Glad that Loki has stopped Thor, I listen.
"So you may warn (y/n) before you strike", Loki tells Thor. "Because she doesn't want to be a human steak. It doesn't work the same as with gods, I don't know how to put it any more clearly into your blockhead."
I look at Thor, surprised at how harshly Loki speaks to his brother. But he seems used to it.
"Sorry, (y/n)", Thor says. "Sometimes I forget we are on earth. Worked all my life with gods ... "
"That's what you have me for", Loki sighs. "Secondly, (y/n), I want to warn you. This may cause a pretty strong reaction. When Thor and I tried it last time ... let's just say, Asgard used to have one tower more."
I make a high squeaky noise.
"Oh don't worry, you will be fine", Loki assures me. He still smirks while saying that, what makes me just slightly uncomfortable. "Now start, you two."
"Are you sure I will be fine?"
Loki nods and crosses his arms to watch.
"And will you be fine?"
A surprised smile comes on Loki's face before he hides that expression. "Uhm, yeah, I ... I will be fine too."
"The last time you said that I threw you into a wall."
Loki frowns. "Now start before I tell him to electrocute you."
I suppress a grin and turn to face Thor. I make a magic ball that floats between us, sparkling yellow from time to time.
Thor stretches his hand out and a blazing lightning illuminates the room in a blue shine for a millisecond. Then it hits my magic, and it is like a firework exploded.
Blue, round sparks burst from the middle to the walls, bounce off of them and spring around like mad bouncy balls. I screech and save myself into one of my nets. When the balls hit my net, they become more tiny balls bouncing around until Loki yells "Stop!" through the room. I let my net disappear and slowly the balls vanish. The three of us watch the last one drift slowly through the room until it disappears like a bursted soap bubble.
"Wow, that will be a good distraction technique for sure", Loki says deadpan.
"Even better if we try it outside", Thor adds.
"Great. (Y/n), we are going to present it this evening. Thor, out of the room now, we need to train more."