Chapter Four: They Took Her

A/N: I hope you guys enjoyed the last chapter! This one won't be quite as long lol. Just a disclaimer, this chapter contains some violence and shooting. There will also be a bit of gore/violence, but it's not that bad. But yeah, this entire chapter is basically just a high speed car chase

Valerie followed me as I hurried over to the car. "Wait, are we stealing the car with the guy in it? Is that a good idea?"

It wasn't, so I didn't respond. Before she could say anything else, I stepped out right in front of the car. The man of course noticed me, and picked up his gun, but I had prepared for that, and shattered the window without touching it. Adrenaline flowing through my veins, I walked around the car and ripped the door open, our eyes meeting. There was terror in his. "Get out," I told him, my voice guttural and even more intimidating than I'd been going for.

"Can you drive?" I asked Valerie, hurriedly getting in the passenger's seat as the man ran off into the hotel, probably getting his friends. "Because I can't at all."

"Not really," she stammered, still seeming shocked by what I had just done. She hesitantly got in the driver's seat, the keys still in the ignition. "I mean, I know which pedal is which..."

"That's good enough," I said, and a moment later we were leaving the parking lot. The side of the car scraped against the side of the building we drove beside which made a horrible sound, and she knocked over a trash can as well, but at least we were getting away.

"Okay, so when are you gonna start explaining?" she demanded as we got onto the road, other drivers honking at us and yelling, which we ignored.

"When we get out of here," I replied. "Just focus on the road, and maybe speed up a little before someone rear-ends us." Just then, I heard the screeching of tires behind us. I turned in my seat and stuck my head out the open window for a better view, only to pull it back in. "Not to stress you out, but we're sort of being followed," I told Valerie.

Her hands tightened on the steering wheel. "Oh my God. I can't do this. I've only ever driven in a parking lot!" Before I could answer, bullets pinged against the roof of the car. "And now they're shooting at us?!" Valerie cried. I quickly peeked through the window again, and saw that there were about half a dozen cars chasing us, and they were getting closer. The road was surprisingly almost empty other than them, so it was easy to tell. "What do we do?!" Valerie asked, swerving around cars ahead of us.

My thoughts raced as I tried to come up with something. "How good are you at the whole ice thing? Maybe you could freeze the road behind us and make them crash?" I asked her.

"It's not like I practice it, or anything. And I have to drive, I don't think I can do that," she told me. She bumped against another car as we turned onto a new street, and narrowly missed a utility pole.

"Why are you so bad at driving?" I demanded, though I didn't know if I would be able to do any better. But she was rich and lived in a big city, so she must have gone to a few lessons before.

"Because I'm fourteen!"

"You're fourteen?" I'd assumed she was my age with a baby face. "Never-mind, just keep your eyes on the road. I'm gonna try something." I sighed, and prepared myself, as I knew what I had to do. I just hoped it would work. I started to open the car door.

"What are you doing?" Valerie cried. "You're gonna get shot!"

"Just keep driving okay? Don't worry about me," I told her.

I opened the door, and felt the familiar unbridled energy immediately burst out of me from the adrenaline, finding a target in the car now right behind us. The windshield exploded, and the car swerved to the right, smashing into a row of dumpsters. I held on tight to the door, trying to keep my balance. It wasn't hard to send the next nearest car flying, landing on it's back.. Bullets flew through the air towards me, and I ducked back into the car, the door still hanging open and flapping in the wind, half of it coming off on a pole.