Chapter Sixteen: Traitor

A/N: ok I bet my three readers are really confused from that last ending. I will make sure you don't stay that way. This chapter will explain absolutely nothing regarding the Evianna situation, but it will shed some light on other stuff

Before I even had time to register what Hayley had just told me, I heard pounding footsteps coming up behind me. I whipped around, and to my surprise, saw Pluto, being chased by half a dozen guards.

"Alright, now's your time to shine," I told Valerie, who nodded and rolled her shoulders. We stepped forward, and as soon as Pluto was behind us, Valerie made sure that the floor in front of us was coated in ice.

The guards slipped around on it, yelling in confusion and grabbing each other, and despite the situation, I couldn't help but laugh. It wasn't hard for me to send the one is front toppling into the one behind him, and they all fell like dominoes.

I turned to Pluto. "What are you doing down here?" I demanded. "Your job was to stay in the car!"

"Well you just told me that I got my best friend back, obviously I'm gonna come down and see for myself," they said casually, leaning up on the wall beside Hayley. "So where is she?"

"We're going to get her right now," I said, and the four of us started speedwalking down the hallway.

"Where are Beatrix and Evianna?" Pluto asked.

"Beatrix is with Olivia, downstairs," I said.

"There's a downstairs?" Hayley asked. "We're underground. This is the downstairs."

"They have some weird basement where they keep prisoners or something," I said. "Beatrix said she was in a cell, which needed a code to open the door. But she got her out." We snuck around a corner, watching for guards, but it was empty.

"How did they figure out the code?" Valerie asked. The alarm was blaring loudly, and I raised my voice to be heard over it.

"A little while ago, I hid in a room which turned out to be a lab, which also had files on most of us. In Olivia's file, it said which combination opened her cell, so I called Beatrix and told her it."

This information seemed to shock my companions. "Wait, they had files? On which of us?" Pluto asked.

"What kind of lab?" Hayley questioned, as we hurried down the seemingly endless halls.

"We can go over the details later," I said. "Right now we need to find the others and get out of here." We didn't have to wait long for the first step, because soon Beatrix came running around the corner with Olivia behind her.

Olivia looked alright, though I admitted she was more pale and gaunt then usual, with dark circles under her eyes. But she didn't seem to be critically injured, which was good. Before I could greet either of them, Pluto had shot out from behind me, and run over to Olivia, pulling her into a tight hug, before checking her over for injuries.

"Are you guys okay?" I asked.

"We're fine," Beatrix said. "It went well."

"Valerie?" Olivia asked over Pluto's shoulder. "What are you doing here?"

"It's a long story," she said.

"Where's Evianna? And who are you?" Olivia asked, looking at Hayley.

"We should really go over this when we're somewhere else," Beatrix chimed in. "You know, maybe not in an underground lair for mad scientists?"

"We still need to get Evianna," Pluto said. "Where is she? Did you lose her?"

"We got separated," Valerie explained.